Reinstalled OS - Malwarebytes will not accept key

I just reinstalled my OS because of a crash. Malwarebytes will not accept key. Get your act together folks. Been a faithful customer since you started. I have installed your product on all my customers laptops and PC's. I have given you lots of business. Maybe it is time to promote another product. I expect this to be resolved soon! 

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  • Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  • Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  • You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!"
  • Click the Advanced Options link
    welcome mbst.png
  • Click the Gather Logs button
    gatherlogs.png
  • A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed to gather troubleshooting information from your computer
  • Upon completion, click OK
  • A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  • Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:
    Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

_mb_attach.jpg.a0465aaafd6cae688aa38ab16

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

If the key was used too many times, you should get an error stating that it was used too many times. What happens when you click activate?

You can also private message me your license key and I can check into it. You can private message me by clicking my name and choosing Message

I can understand using 3 licenses on 4 different units. But I purchased 3 licenses used on 3 units. Reinstalled OS on one of them and the licence shows as good but exceeded the number of installs. This was done using the activate option in the program. 

When you re-install the operating system, the machine gets read as a new machine because we use parts of windows in determining which device we're installed on. We have two options here, you can try accessing your account at https://my.malwarebytes.com and deactivating your old machine, or I can reset the entire key (this will reset the license on your other two devices as well and you will need to put the key back in). I'd recommend trying the MyAccount portal first and if your keys aren't in there (it depends on how they were purchased), then let me know and I can reset the key for you.

I purchased licenses online. Did not set up an account at the time. Easier to reset key and I will activate it on other 2 units. So now if I have to install Windows from factory image, this is what is going to happen? I already have to sell the product to my customers when it is time for renewal at the higher price. Not easy to do now days. Some just elect not to renew. I like the product but you have to understand the difference in pricing is a bit much. Thank you for your help.

18 hours ago, jt63301 said:

So now if I have to install Windows from factory image, this is what is going to happen?

Just to answer this part.... if you have to reimage a computer, you should first deactivate Malwarebytes before you wipe it.  Once you have the image reloaded, then install Malwarebytes and activate it once again.  This should prevent the issue you had.