delphin136

Malwarebytes for Chrome Extension Questions

Greetings,

1. Unknown.  Malwarebytes doesn't announce specifics on upcoming releases, neither for betas or for GA/RTM releases.  It all depends on testing, QA, bugs and the work being done by the Developers as well as the plans and decisions of the Product team and stakeholders.

2. Unknown, but I expect they will eventually expand language support for the plugin to support more languages eventually if possible.  That said, I have no internal knowledge on the subject so I'll have to leave it to the staff to provide any concrete answers if they are able.

3. Yes, it should be since Avast! Secure Browser is based on the same Chromium source code as Google Chrome.  That said, it isn't guaranteed to function perfectly and not to conflict with any of the additional features included in Avast!'s version of the browser so you should test it to make certain if that's the browser you use.  I personally use SRWare Iron which is also based on Chromium and it functions fine for me.

Hi

Thank you very much for your infos

4. Any plans for a extension for the Internet Explorer / Edge available

With best Regards

Delphin136

You're welcome :)

Yep, they do plan to release a version for Edge; more info on that here, though most likely not Internet Explorer since it's such a different browser and doesn't support the same kind of plugin structure/capabilities etc. that the other browsers do the way that Edge does (refer to the info in my own post in that thread to see what I'm referring to; Microsoft made it really easy to port over plugins from Chrome to Edge deliberately).  Internet Explorer on the other hand uses the older, more proprietary ActiveX format which isn't widely used or supported any more, and eventually MS themselves won't be supporting any versions of IE either, probably sometime after Windows 7 is retired since it's the last OS to include IE without including Edge which is due to happen in 2020.

Hi

Thank you very much for your infos

Also will you bring it not for the IE right

With best Regards

Delphin136