Hi! So, my malwarebytes was just updated to a new version, but I cannot find anything online about this version, so is it new or a glitch. The version is 3.3.22. I am also on the free one as I am unable to get the premium quite yet. After this update, instead of free, I got trial, which seemed quite weird to me. I've shut down my laptop and turned it back on and it's still the same. Does anyone else have this version?

I have a panic and paranoia disorder, hence why I'm asking and trying to stay calm.

38 minutes ago, Rolosrawesome said:

Hi! So, my malwarebytes was just updated to a new version, but I cannot find anything online about this version, so is it new or a glitch. The version is 3.3.22. I am also on the free one as I am unable to get the premium quite yet. After this update, instead of free, I got trial, which seemed quite weird to me. I've shut down my laptop and turned it back on and it's still the same. Does anyone else have this version?

I have a panic and paranoia disorder, hence why I'm asking and trying to stay calm.

Edit: I checked again, and I don't know if this is any help.

Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 05.03.52.png

Posted (edited)

Yes, I have had that version for about a week now, although I did not wait to have it updated automatically. When I heard about the update I went to the web site, downloaded and installed it manually. When new versions are released, automatic updates are metered out to users a few at a time to avoid overloading servers.

You can always read details about new releases at https://www.malwarebytes.com/support/releasehistory/#malwarebytes-mac.

Since I have the Premium version, I didn't notice a reversion to "Trial" but it's not uncommon to have the trial start date reset when a new version comes along. That's probably all that's going on. Once the trial period ends it should show "Free" again unless you pay for Premium.

Edited by alvarnell

Okay, thank you! You saved me of a full on panic attack! I tend to panic over the smallest things so, I had to make sure that everything was okay. Thank you again!