remove fraud: worldnaturenetc.xyz? [or stop MWB alerts?] - reteps

6 minutes ago, Aura said:

reteps, can you disable all your Google Chrome extension one by one and see if that stops the pop-ups? We suspect that some extensions are now connecting to these domains, hence why you are getting these notifications.

Just tried that.  Sadly, I'm still seeing the issue even with all (I only have five, four active) extensions disabled.  Every time a page loads, I get one and sometimes two alerts.  Is there anything else I can provide to help pin this down?

Pete

Let's try something. Make sure that your Google account is sync'd, then logged out from Chrome. Once done, uninstall and reinstall it. Once reinstalled, do NOT login to your Google account in Chrome and open it. Do you still get the block notifications?

20 minutes ago, Aura said:

Let's try something. Make sure that your Google account is sync'd, then logged out from Chrome. Once done, uninstall and reinstall it. Once reinstalled, do NOT login to your Google account in Chrome and open it. Do you still get the block notifications?

OK, done.  I still have the block notifications.  I have also tried HitmanPro on recommendation but it did not find anything apart from tracking cookies.

Pete

2 minutes ago, Aura said:

And do you still get the blocks when you open Internet Explorer, Edge or Firefox for instance?

No, have tested that earlier on.  Tried FF and IE 11.  It's got me stumped.

Pete

Edited by reteps

Okay. Uninstall Google Chrome again, but this time, before reinstalling it, make sure to delete these folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome
%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome
%AppData%\Google\Chrome

This will make sure that there are no remnants from Google Chrome behind. Once done, reinstall it (do NOT login to your Chrome account) and see if you still get the pop-ups.

41 minutes ago, Aura said:

Okay. Uninstall Google Chrome again, but this time, before reinstalling it, make sure to delete these folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome
%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome
%AppData%\Google\Chrome

This will make sure that there are no remnants from Google Chrome behind. Once done, reinstall it (do NOT login to your Chrome account) and see if you still get the pop-ups.

The first and third paths don't exist on my system.  Deleted the Chrome directory from the second path.  Reinstalled Chrome.  Didn't log in to my Google account.  After a lot of faffing about, finally managed to get the LastPass extension reinstalled.  Guess what?  No block notifications.  The $64,000 question remains, what was causing this?

Pete

It means that there was something, still cached in Google Chrome (in the second path) that was causing this. Though I cannot say what exactly. This will require a more in-depth investigation and we'll need more users and their FRST logs for that.

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks