Suddenly Unable to Turn on Exploit Protection

Suddenly I am unable to turn on my exploit protection.  I uninstalled and re-installed with licensing and that suggested work around did not work.  Can anyone recommend a resolution/work around for this?  Malware Premium 3.4.5.  I've attached of screen shot which tells you everything.

MB Glitch.PNG

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  • Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  • Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  • You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!"
  • Click the Advanced Options link
    welcome mbst.png
  • Click the Gather Logs button
    gatherlogs.png
  • A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed to gather troubleshooting information from your computer
  • Upon completion, click OK
  • A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  • Please attach the file in your next reply. Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:
    Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

_mb_attach.jpg.a0465aaafd6cae688aa38ab16

After posting your new post, make sure you click the Follow button near the top right of this page, and select the option "An email when new content is posted Change how the notification is sent" so that you're alerted by email when someone has replied to your post.

_mb_follow.jpg.7868cc281f66ac22e919c2c48

_mb_follow_options.jpg.dcb79fc10aa35beb0

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Greetings,

If you are running the latest version of Windows 10 which Microsoft recently updated, then it is probably due to the new Device Guard setting in Windows as the Anti-Exploit component in Malwarebytes is currently incompatible with it.  That said, the new beta of Malwarebytes, version 3.5 is also available which includes a fix for this issue so you can either leave Exploit Protection off, or disable Device Guard or install the new Malwarebytes beta.  I've provided instructions below on how to accomplish each one so that you may choose the option that you prefer:

• If you wish to disable Device Guard, follow the instructions here
    OR
  • If you would prefer to install the beta of Malwarebytes 3.5 (release notes here) then open Malwarebytes and navigate to Settings>Application and scroll down the list of options until you find the Beta Application Updates section and switch the setting beneath it to On by clicking it (it is off by default) then scroll back up towards the top of the same tab until you locate the Install Application Updates button and click on it then allow it to download and install the beta, making sure to restart your computer once installation is completed (even if it doesn't prompt you to do so, you should still restart your system to ensure that the new components are loaded into memory)
  • Your only other option would be to leave Exploit Protection disabled for now and await the release of the final build of 3.5 which includes the fix for this issue if you don't want to install the beta and don't want to disable Device Guard.

Please let me know what you decided to do and how everything goes.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, GlennK said:

Hyper V is already disabled in Windows 10.

I don't think the issue here is with Hyper V....??? Do you have the latest version of Windows 10? (Spring Creators Edition v1803)

The beta seems to be working fine on most computers (including about 5 of mine)... There is currently no ETA available of when the next version will be out.

Sounds good.  Also, I expect the next version of Malwarebytes (version 3.5) to be released any day now, assuming the beta testing is going well and no major bugs in the build have been found (and to my knowledge they have not) so you shouldn't need to wait too long before the new version of Malwarebytes is available which includes the fix for this issue.