epicunitscan.net issue

Today Malwarebytes kept saying it was blocking epicunitscan.net. I'm not really sure what is causing this as the only site I have been on today are my college's website, youtube, and deviantart. It keeps popping up persistantly. I also have not downloaded anything today so I did not think there should be any files causing this but I did run a scan and it came up clean. The topics I found on this subject said this was fixed on a previous update, but my MB is completly up to date so I'm not really sure what the issue is.

If you need me to provide screenshots of the alert I can do so.

Edited by TheGeekyNobody

I too am getting constant pop-ups from Malwarebytes saying it is blocking a riskware site when I start Chrome. Except it is saying it is blocking "epicunitscan.info". I seem to remember this happening last year and was a false positive, so this thread probably needs to be there.

epicunitscan.info.jpg

Edited by VonGoober
Added I think this needs to be reported under "false positives" instead of malware removal.

Seems a lot of people are having this issue so I do think it is a falst positive too 

Last year that was the issue, but I was under the impression it had been fixed. I guess the problem came back up. I'd like to know if anyone using a browser other than chrome are having this issue

• Staff

Hi,

This isn't a false positive:

https://virustotalcloud.appspot.com/nui/index.html#/url/068c30d05f502f8bc3c433ea3484f99adef77e7aad0c1700eec5510400d9d717/detection

but we are temporary removing detection in order to figure out what exactly is causing these detections. We suspect a certain extension being responsible for this that has this domain hardcoded in their extension still, while it's not resolving for a year anymore. 

Edited to add, it would be great if you can post a FRST log if you had this detection, so we can compare logs and the chrome extensions installed, to see if we can find the culprit.

Edited by miekiemoes

• Root Admin

Please provide the following logs and we'll verify what is actually going on with your system or Malwarebytes program.

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  • Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  • Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  • You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!"
  • Click the Advanced Options link - do not click Get Started

welcome mbst.png

• Click the Gather Logs button

gatherlogs.png
  • A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed to gather troubleshooting information from your computer
  • Upon completion, click OK
  • A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  • Please attach the file in your next reply.

Edited by AdvancedSetup

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks