C# - MachineLearning/Anomolous.95%

CloudWeight

Hello MB!

I am having the same problems as others have had when developing C# programs in Visual Studio. I cannot read the users MAC address without getting a detection from MalwareBytes so I completely removed the need for this check. I was using the MAC address as a launch parameter for a program but for now I won't use it. My problem now is that I use an external library for the overall look of my program and in order to keep my .EXE clean I package it into a single file using ILMerge. Is there a certain way you recommend packaging applications since this is seen as anomylous? I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

Sample

jslauncher.zip (Merged files)

• Staff

This is detected by our MachineLearning engine, which helps to protect even better against 0day threats. Unfortunately, as this is a heuristic engine, it's possible False Positives happen. Thanks for reporting these, as this helps to finetune the engine, so these won't be detected in the future anymore.

You may want to consider digitally signing files you are putting out for public consumption as well. This does not guaranty no one will detect but helps reduce the possibility of false positives.

This one shouldn't be detected anymore either - it may take several minutes though.