Sign in to follow this  
florinch

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware crashes

Good afternoon, malwarebyters !

I have a problem with our security product on my smartphone, It crashes or freezes.

I have just downloaded it.

It appears this message : Unfortunately, your Malwarebytes has stopped.

My specs :

Model : Allview E2_Living

Android version : 4.4.2

Kernel version : 3.4.67

Version : SV8.0

I don't know how to generate a log report.

If you can make us a screenshot before crash happens, we can try to identify the problem. Sorry for inconvenience.

On 5/7/2018 at 10:37 PM, Vabadus said:

thanks florinch, i'm forwarding this to dev team

I don't know which Malwarebytes version is running on @florinch's phone, but on my Google Pixel 2 XL, updated to Android Oreo 8.1 at the latest monthly security patch, May 2018, it happens exactly the same thing: after I've installed the new Malwarebytes update, version 3.3.0.2, every time I turn on my phone, the app crashes continuously and I solve everything only after wiping Malwarebytes data and cache 😥

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, MariuxReloaded said:

I don't know which Malwarebytes version is running on @florinch's phone, but on my Google Pixel 2 XL, updated to Android Oreo 8.1 at the latest monthly security patch, May 2018, it happens exactly the same thing: after I've installed the new Malwarebytes update, version 3.3.0.2, every time I turn on my phone, the app crashes continuously and I solve everything only after wiping Malwarebytes data and cache 😥

The "Edit" button on my previous message doesn't show up, so I quote myself: I had to roll back to the previous version of Malwarebytes for Android, 3.2.2.2, through the APK, since the situation was getting unbearable. Hope there will be a bugfix soon 😕

Edited by MariuxReloaded

On Android 8 and above, time to time we are receving one crash regarding our RTP. This happens because how Android changed background services. Even tho, our app comply with changes, some unexpected crashes are happening. Our dev team is actively working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

25 minutes ago, Vabadus said:

On Android 8 and above, time to time we are receving one crash regarding our RTP. This happens because how Android changed background services. Even tho, our app comply with changes, some unexpected crashes are happening. Our dev team is actively working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh, I understand, but don't worry at all, since I forgot to inform you that, after the arrival of version 3.3.0.7 of Malwarebytes for Android on the Google Play Store, everything works flawlessly again, so thank you very much for your unceasing efforts! 👍😁

@Vabadus #12th post

I'm still getting the same error. Also updating and full scan are frozen as "outdated". I think it's no needing to attach pictures.

Is my smartphone the problem ?

Posted (edited)

@florinch

Hello, go to the next Google Store, and update Malwarebytes for mobile, to  3.3.0.8,  is now common.

Maybe the new version fixes your problem.

Good Luck!

MAM

Edited by MAM

Hello, really the newest  ?!

Bad to hear this. Please be patient, and wait for the experts here, maybe they have a solution for your problem.

MAM

@florinch Then I'm forwarding this issue again to dev team, to have another look.

In the meantime, if you can send a report within the app, it can give us some more insight.