hexaae

Send detected Malware (false positives) directly from MB GUI

Please, can you add a handy option to send the detected Malware after a scan, for further analysis when you think is a false positive?

It would be much more handy than logging into this forum and send the samples individually...

In this case for example (I'm sure they are false positive) I'd like to send them to you for further checks directly, if there was a button "Send files for further analysis":

image.png

Greetings,

These detections came from the signature-less anomaly detection/machine learning component in Malwarebytes.  As this component is known to have more frequent FPs due to its nature, I would suggest adding such an option just for detections triggered by this component specifically rather than for all detections, this way the FP reports get to the Developers rather than Research (since the Developers are the ones who would most likely need to handle FPs triggered by this components, not Research as would be the case with more traditional FP detections) and to prevent the bad guys from flooding the Research team with fake FP reports on actual malware files (like when Malwarebytes has added detection signatures for the malware they have created and they want to try to convince Research to remove detection for their malware).

I believe it would be safer and more efficient this way.

A simple option to flag them as FP (in case of Machine Learning detection) would also help to build a correct reputation for files, and teach Machine Learning itself.

11 minutes ago, hexaae said:

A simple option to flag them as FP (in case of Machine Learning detection) would also help to build a correct reputation for files, and teach Machine Learning itself.

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking :)