Need help with a crazy bad infection

This is really bad. I've used a conversion program called Super in the past and needed to convert some video files. When I ran it from desktop, it said it would no longer run and stated I needed the free upgrade (with option to buy an ad-free version). I downloaded the free update, installed it, and life has been a pain ever since. CPU usage really high. Task manager shows offending process(es), but no name for it. Anonymizer also appears in the task list. Running Malwarebytes and quarantining, rebooting doesn't help because the problem reappears. Running Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool doesn't get rid of it either.

I downloaded FRST64 and that won't complete running! If I run it immediately after the Windows login screen it starts scanning but then disappears as said unknown process apparently loads and kills it. If I try to start it again (right click, run as administrator OR just double click), the FRST window flashes on the screen for a nanosecond and disappears. It seems the malware is killing it. Same happens for adwcleaner 7.1.0.0.: a window flashes on the screen for a moment (presumbably loading) and then nothing. FRST generated a FRST.txt file (no additions.txt file) - I'm attaching it as "FRSTdesktop.txt"

I created a recovery drive on another Win 10 Pro computer, and copied frst64 to it. I then rebooted the infected computer into the recovery environment and ran frst64. It doesn't have the option box for Addition.txt. I'm attaching what it did produce as FRSTrecoverydrive.txt.

I'm also attaching the Malwarebytes files. It shows, among other things,  Adware.Vitruvian.PrxySvrRST, HKU\S-1-5-21-1831771387-2475998928-3974900432-1000\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET SETTINGS|PROXYENABLE, Removal Failed, [12819], [-1],0.0.0

This infection is really bad. If you can fix this one, I think you should be entered into the Antivirus Hall of Fame!

Thanks!

Mark

P.S. I also noticed some unwanted files were added to the desktop. Screen shot attached showing these files from 04-27-18

Malwarebytes summary.txt

Malwarebytes.txt

FRSTdesktop.txt

FRSTrecoverydrive.txt

AdwCleaner[S00].txt

AdwCleaner[C00].txt

Malwarebytes log after reboot.txt

IMG_20180428_091704706.jpg

IMG_20180428_100440007.jpg

IMG_20180428_091258540.jpg

IMG_20180428_091418525.jpg

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malware Removal for Windows Help forum. Being infected is not fun and can be very frustrating to resolve, but don't worry because we have a team of experts here help you!!

Note: Please be patient. When the site is busy it can take up to 48 hours before a malware removal helper can assist you. If no one has replied to your new topic after 48 hours please contact a Moderator or Administrator to let them know.

First, if you haven't done so, please run a Threat Scan with the latest version of Malwarebytes. This may resolve your malware infection issue without the need for additional support. Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details:

Spoiler

Malwarebytes can detect and remove most malware with no further actions required for free.

If you do not have Malwarebytes, please download it here and install. Be sure to post back the log as shown below.

1. Open Malwarebytes for Windows
  2. To the left, click Scan > Scan Types.
    image.png
  3. Select Threat Scan. Threat Scan is the most thorough and recommended scan method available.
    image.png
  4. Click Start Scan

Next, if you're still experiencing issues after running Malwarebytes, then technical logs will be required to assist you. Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below and follow the instructions to run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool:

Spoiler

Don't use any temporary file cleaners unless requested - this can cause data loss and make a recovery difficult.

Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool here and save it to your desktop. Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

1. Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
  2. Press the Scan button.
    _frst_scan.jpg.d10e66dc03e35ede4fdcba12b
  3. It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  4. The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). If you've run it before it may not and you may need to select it manually.

Finally, attach the Malwarebytes Threat Scan, FRST.txt and Additional.txt logs to your reply and Follow this topic to get notified when an expert has replied. Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details.

Note: If you are unable to attach files, please copy and past the contents of the requested files in your Reply instead. 

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

_mb_attach.jpg.a0465aaafd6cae688aa38ab16

After posting your new post, make sure you click the Follow button near the top right of this page, and select the option "An email when new content is posted Change how the notification is sent" so that you're alerted by email when someone has replied to your post.

_mb_follow.jpg.7868cc281f66ac22e919c2c48

_mb_follow_options.jpg.dcb79fc10aa35beb0

Please Note the Following:

• One of our expert helpers will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.
  • Refrain from making any further changes to your computer (such as Install/Uninstall programs, using special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc...) unless advised by a malware removal helper. Doing so can result in system changes which may hinder the attempts by a helper to clean your machine.
  • Do not 'bump' or add a reply to your topic once it is started. Topics which appear to have replies are considered to have a helper assisting them and may be overlooked, resulting in a longer waiting period for help
  • If you're using Peer 2 Peer software such as uTorrent or similar, please completely disable it from running while being assisted here.

Troubleshooting Tips

Hello GotACrazyBadInfection and welcome to Malwarebytes,

Continue with the following:

Download attached fixlist.txt file (end of reply) and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into. "Do not open that file when running FRST fix"
NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Open FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or the folder it was ran from. Please post it to your reply.

Next,

Boot back to Normal mode.

Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Select "Settings" > "Application" tab > Install Application Updates. hen that completes continue:

• On the Settings tab > Protection Scroll to and make sure the following are selected:
    Scan for Rootkits
    Scan within Archives

• Scroll further to Potential Threat Protection make sure the following are set as follows:
    Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP`s) set as :- Always detect PUP`s (recommended)
    Potentially Unwanted Modifications (PUM`s) set as :- Alwaysdetect PUM`s (recommended)

• Click on the Scan make sure Threat Scan is selected,
  • A Threat Scan will begin.
  • When the scan is complete if anything is found make sure that the first checkbox at the top is checked (that will automatically check all detected items), then click on the Quarantine Selected Tab
  • If asked to restart your computer to complete the removal, please do so
  • When complete click on Export Summary after deletion (bottom-left corner) and select Copy to Clipboard.
  • Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
  • After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more to retrieve the log.

To get the log from Malwarebytes do the following:

• Click on the Reports tab > from main interface.
  • Double click on the Scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
  • Click Export > From export you have two options:
    Copy to Clipboard - if seleted right click to your reply and select "Paste" log will be pasted to your reply
    Text file (*.txt) - if selected you will have to name the file and save to a place of choice, recommend "Desktop" then attach to reply

• Use "Copy to Clipboard, then Right click to your reply > select "Paste" that will copy the log to your reply…

Next,

Download AdwCleaner by Malwarebytes onto your Desktop.

Or from this Mirror

• Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select user posted imageRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users)
  • Accept the EULA (I accept), then click on Scan
  • Let the scan complete. Once it's done, make sure that every item listed in the different tabs is checked and click on the Clean button. This will kill all the active processes
  • Once the cleaning process is complete, AdwCleaner will ask to restart your computer, do it
  • After the restart, a log will open when logging in. Please copy/paste the content of that log in your next reply

Next,

Download Microsoft's " Malicious Software Removal Tool" and save direct to the desktop

Ensure to get the correct version for your system....

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/malicious-software-removal-tool-details.aspx

Right click on the Tool, select “Run as Administrator” the tool will expand to the options Window
In the "Scan Type" window, select Quick Scan
Perform a scan and Click Finish when the scan is done.

Retrieve the MSRT log as follows, and post it in your next reply:

1) Select the Windows key and R key together to open the "Run" function
2) Type or Copy/Paste the following command to the "Run Line" and Press Enter:

notepad c:\windows\debug\mrt.log

The log will include log details for each time MSRT has run, we only need the most recent log by date and time....

Let me see those logs in your reply, also tell me if there are any remaining issues or concerns...

Thank you,

Kevin...

fixlist.txt

Thanks for those logs. How is your system running, any odd or erratic behavior. Same for your Browser. I want you to check couple of files at VirusTotal...

Upload a File to Virustotal

Go to http://www.virustotal.com/

• Click the Choose file button
  • Navigate to the file C:\USERS\MARK_ADMIN\APPDATA\LOCAL\INSTALLSHIELD\MSIEXEC64.EXE
  • Click the Scan it tab
  • If you get a message saying File has already been analyzed: click Reanalyze file now
  • Copy and paste the URL address back here please.
  • Repeat the above steps for the following files

C:\USERS\MARK_ADMIN\APPDATA\LOCAL\INSTALLSHIELD\000001R.ZIP

It will be necessary to show hidden files and folders to navigate to the addresses above...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028316/windows-view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10

Thank you,

Kevin.....

Kevin,

When I try to post the urls, the message from the forum blocks me submitting ...

\ *** We’re sorry but our system has detected wording in your post consistent with spam, It may be by accident, please try changing the wording and try to post again.
If you’re still unable to, then please contact our Helpdesk at the following link:

https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us

Thank you

I'm trying to contact them now

virustotal_urls.txt

virustotal_urls.txt

Yes that information is good, i`m unsure why Malwarebytes failed to remove those malicious entries. Lets see if FRST can shift them for us..

Download attached fixlist.txt file (end of reply) and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into. "Do not open that file when running FRST fix"
NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Open FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or the folder it was ran from. Please post it to your reply.

Let me see that log, also tell me if there are any remaining issues or concerns...

Thank you,

Kevin...

fixlist.txt

Thanks for the update Mark, ggod to hear your system is back to normal. Continue to clean up:

Right click on FRST here: C:\Users\Mark_Admin\Desktop\FRST64.exe and rename to uninstall.exe when complete right click on uninstall.exe and select "Run as Administrator"

That action will remove FRST and all created files and folders...

Next,

Read the following links to fully understand PC Security and Best Practices, you may find them useful....

Answers to Common Security Questions and best Practices

Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

Take care and surf safe

Kevin... user posted image

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks