I have run AdwCleaner over and over, and it keeps detecting the same adware and PUP in the scan, but does not get rid of them in the repair & cleanup cycle.  I also have Malwarebytes Premium running every day, but I don't think it is detecting them.  I am attaching a picture of the results I'm getting.  Thanks for any help!  

I have also run Advast boot-time scan, and that does not help either.

I get these results before starting any browser or anything else 5ae39cf512c12_2018-04-27AdwCleanerresults.thumb.png.43a3eb546cf541cc05101c1b8b0ca3d3.png5ae39cf512c12_2018-04-27AdwCleanerresults.thumb.png.43a3eb546cf541cc05101c1b8b0ca3d3.pngafter a reboot.

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the AdwCleaner Help forum.

Someone will reply shortly, but in the meantime here are a few resources which may help resolve your issue:

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Thanks!

Can you do an export of this key?

1. Open cmd.exe as administrator from the Windows menu,

2. Copy/paste the command below:

reg export "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules|{B1E6496C-FD36-416C-9061-BA8152080715}" C:\regexport.txt

3. share the file C:\regexport.txt as an attachment in your next reply.

Thanks!

It was unable to find it, see attached.  Also, when I came in through regedit, I could not find it, see 2nd attachment.

MWB cmd.png

regedit.png

Posted (edited)

Dear developers,

I have the same problem, the newest version (7.1.1) keeps finding PUP.Optional.Legacy in my Chrome and Firefox browsers every time I reboot after cleaning.

The program is able to delete the Chrome PUPs but after I start Chrome again I am asked to install 2 Mail.ru extensions and then PUPs are found again in Chrome. As for the Firefox the program is even unable to delete the Mail.ru PUP from it! ☹️

Please see the attached log file!

AdwCleaner[S43].txt

AdwCleaner[C43].txt

Edited by Dimon

Hello,

This should be fixed in the upcoming release, which contains enhancements to Firefox and Chrome modules.

Best regards,

On 6/1/2018 at 11:37 AM, fr33tux said:

Hello,

This should be fixed in the upcoming release, which contains enhancements to Firefox and Chrome modules.

Best regards,

Many thanks for your kind support!

On 6/1/2018 at 11:37 AM, fr33tux said:

Hello,

Best regards,

Tried the 7.2.1 version today. The problem is still there, unfortunately.

Dear developers,

The version 7.2.3.1 keeps the same issue for me... 😥 Any help is appreciated!

I first reported this problem in April of this year.  I have not seen any improvement.  At times, I have wondered if it might have something to do with my use of Google Chrome, and tried some limited use of the Avast browser and Firefox, but I did not test those options very much.  I have attached a log from a scan by version 7.2.3.1.  and a screen print of the same information.  I have tried every antivirus/antimalware tool I have, and nothing seems to get rid of them permanently.  Maybe I will just have to reset Windows 10, but I would prefer to not do so.

adw log.txt

adw 7.2.3.png

10 hours ago, exile360 said:

Greetings,

Is the issue still present in the latest version, 7.2.4, of ADWCleaner?

Hi! Unfortunately it is! I have just tried again!

1) First it finds 3 threats PUP. Chrome extentions (picture 1)

2) It delets them and I reboot the PC (Picture 2). If I scan again - there is no any threat.

3) As I only start Chrome again I am asked if I want to install 3 (one by one) Пульс extentions from Mail.ru (picture 3). I choose to delete them and they do not install.

4) But when I start Adw scan again it finds these 3 threats again now!

Снимок.JPG

Снимок2.JPG

Снимок3.JPG

On 10/8/2018 at 2:55 PM, Dimon said:

Any news about solving this issue?

As far as I can tell, the issue is still there.  I just ran 7.2.4, and if found the same items as before.  After it scanned, I let it "clean & repair", then rebooted.  The issues were still there immediately after reboot.  It did temporarily get rid of some adware that I also often see, but my experience tells me the adware will soon be back, in spite of daily runs of Malwarebytes Premium.

Assuming this isn't a bug and that these infections are actually returning, it is possible that they are being brought back onboard by a rootkit, something we've seen happening with several PUPs/adware lately.  To check, please follow the instructions in this topic to run a special build of Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to check your system for threats and have it removing anything it detects, restarting your system if prompted to complete the removal process.

Once that's done, go ahead and run ADWCleaner once more to check and see if any of the adware/PUPs remain, and if so, have it remove them and hopefully (assuming Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit detected/removed anything) they will not return this time.  You should also scan with the latest version of Malwarebytes 3 if you haven't done so already as it detects some PUP/adware items which ADWCleaner does not.  You can get the latest version from here.

I hope this helps.

11 hours ago, exile360 said:

OK, please try following the instructions in this topic to see if that resolves it.  Be sure to follow the instructions in order or it might not work.

Interesting thing. First I have tried that method before but had no luck then and neither have this time. I mean with erasing of Google sync data on server.

Then I tried to use the MB antirootkit from your second link.

But it has found was is only KMSEmulator which I use for some software but it doesn't see those 3 Pup threats that the ADWCleaner does! Please see the attached file with both programs that have scaned my PC.

Снимок.JPG

That's expected, Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit doesn't scan for PUPs at all, so it definitely won't detect the same items that ADWCleaner does.  I just wanted to make certain that you didn't have one of these rootkits that has been installing adware/PUPs on systems lately.

Well,

What I know is that this thing is somewhere on my PC localy as it didn't transfer itself to my laptop with the help of Chrome syncronization.

I have also scaned my whole HDD with Kaspersky antivirus at its maximum power but it found nothing too.