ADW Cleaner is a great tool!  However, it shows this HKLM file as a threat which is also attached.:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Ext|DisableAddonLoadTimePerformanceNotifications

I have tried changing the value in the registry as a decimal and even deleting manual.  It still comes back and causing

havoc on my Windows 7 Home Premium.  Thanks for helping me get rid of this.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

AdwCleaner[C00].txt

Hello @GodBlessAmerica and :welcome:

Please run the following steps and post back the logs as an attachment when ready.

STEP 01

• If you're already running Malwarebytes 3 then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button.
  • If you don't have Malwarebytes 3 installed yet please download it from here and install it.
  • Once installed then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button.
  • Once the scan is completed click on the Export Summary button and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find, and attach that log on your next reply.
  • If Malwarebytes won't run then please skip to the next step and let me know on your next reply.

STEP 02

Please download AdwCleaner by Malwarebytes and save the file to your Desktop.

• Right-click on the program and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Accept the Terms of use.
  • Wait until the database is updated.
  • Click Scan.
  • When finished, please click Clean.
  • Your PC should reboot now if any items were found.
  • After reboot, a log file will be opened. Copy its content into your next reply.

RESTART THE COMPUTER Before running Step 3

STEP 03
Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). If you've, run the tool before you need to place a check mark here.
  • Please attach the Additions.txt log to your reply as well.

Thanks

Ron

Malwarebytes is not finding this threat, Adw Cleaner is still finding this same threat, and have used the Farbar tool (Hitman Pro found this as a threat.

Adw Cleaner does delete the file, but when I run scan again if not deleted it still show up.

Pleae advise of anything else for I do not want to reimage my computer.  Thanks for your help.  Jeremiah29:11-13

AdwCleaner[C00].txt

Thank you. We'll have someone review the AdwCleaner log but can you go ahead and post back the other requested logs.

Thanks

Ron

Hello GodBlessAmerica,

Thank you for the Adwcleaner log - I'll also need to see the logs created by the FRST tool that AdvancedSetup provided instructions for.  Please attach those logs as soon as you get the chance.

You're welcome and thank you for the extra AdwCleaner logs.  Could you run the FRST tool please?

This next scanner will not make any changes to your machine on its own, nor will it divulge any personal information that may compromise your security.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from here

FRST 32-bit version: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/FRST

FRST 64-bit version: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/FRST64

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are unsure which version you need, download both of them - only 1 will actually run on the machine.

Note: If you are prompted by Windows SmartScreen, click the 'More info' link, then select 'Run anyway'.

•Double-click to run it.

•Click the Scan button.

•When the scan has finished, it will save 2 logs in the same location the tool was run from - please attach the following logs in your next reply:

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Hi GodBlessAmerica.

I can't tell at this point if one of your optimizing programs continues to create that key, or if AdwCleaner isn't removing it properly. That setting relates Internet Explorer browser and it simply turns off the prompt asking if you want to disable Add Ons in the browser to help speed it up IE launching. 

Have you been running Privazer or Wise Care?  In the meantime, I've reached out to the Developer

Thank you for your response.  Yes, I do run Privazer and WiseCare.  Again, I appreciate your trying to get to the bottom of this.  Also, I went to 

Windows features turn or off.  I unchecked Windows 11, and it reverted back to Windows 8.  This still did not resolve the problem.  Have a blest day

Jeremiah 29:11-13

Hello GodBlessAmerica and you're most welcome. :)

I have been advised by the Developer that this has been fixed.  Update the database of AdwCleaner then run another scan. Please let me know if it is still being detected.

Thank you! Thank you!  I ran two scans, and it does not show this threat. 

May I ask another question?  On the advanced tab of Internet Options which then goes to Internet Properties of Internet Explorer in the

browsing area, the enable third-party browser extensions* is greyed out and I cannot uncheck it and turns blue.  In the security area,  the enable memory

protection to help mitigate online attacks is also checked and greyed out and cannot uncheck it and it also turns blue.  I have

tried restore advanced settngs, and it does not work.  Thanks for any hep you can give.

It sounds like maybe a registry policy or Group Policy setting may be set to prevent access to those settings, or it could be an issue with permission.  If it's the former, the info here in reference to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main|Enable Browser Extensions registry setting may be useful and for the memory protection setting, this should prove helpful.

It also depends on the version of Internet Explorer you're using as well as your version of Windows as the defaults for these settings may differ depending on how Microsoft decided to configure them by default.  You may need to either use Safe Mode or run Internet Explorer as an administrator to change those settings; though I would advise not doing any actual browsing while IE is running as an administrator so if you do end up having to do that, just launch it that way, change the settings you wish to change, then close IE and re-launch it to start using it for normal browsing (it's a security risk to run it in administrative mode because it would bypass User Account Control).