unknownguy

MachineLearning/Anomalous.96% (All My C# Projects)

I have no idea but this is detecting all my C# files made with Visual Studio 2017.

I can no longer programming with MBAM enabled because it automatic delete the file that got compiled.

Now Is MBAM crying that I need to restart my computer. I guess if I restart it will keep deleting my software I work on.

Hi,

This is detected by our MachineLearning engine, which helps to protect even better against 0day threats. Unfortunately, as this is a heuristic engine, it's possible False Positives happen. Thanks for reporting these, as this helps to finetune the engine, so these won't be detected in the future anymore.

This should be fixed by now. Please give it some time (max 10 minutes) in order to have it populate, so detection won't happen anymore.

Just a question. If I update the tool I made, does the heuristic engine detect the new file as MachineLearning engine again?

Because it looks like all files I have uploaded to Github is affected.

Hi,

Since it's machinelearning and learning from previous FPs, new files shouldn't be detected anymore either. In case it does, please let us know.

Thanks!

On 23/4/2018 at 4:54 PM, unknownguy said:

Just a question. If I update the tool I made, does the heuristic engine detect the new file as MachineLearning engine again?

Because it looks like all files I have uploaded to Github is affected.

There is chances than newer releases be detected

But also, as same than it is machine learning engine, after some releases [and you report them as false positives] more chances than newer releases be no detected

Edited by leo3487

Hey, I hope this thread isn't dead.

I just started my free trial and I'm getting this error as well. This is very concerning as I have a LARGE amount of C# on my machine that I actively develop and do not want to have these files constantly get deleted.

24 minutes ago, leafry said:

Hey, I hope this thread isn't dead.

I just started my free trial and I'm getting this error as well. This is very concerning as I have a LARGE amount of C# on my machine that I actively develop and do not want to have these files constantly get deleted.

(start a new thread) with examples of the files being detected as anomalous, and we will add them to our database of known good apps.

Also, If you are a developer, while building your application,  I suggest you exclude the working/building directory from detection via the exclusion settings in Malwarebytes. This since our Anomaly detection might possibly detect some of the files you are building.
Once the application/project is final and ready to be shared with others, in most cases it won't be detected anymore since it won't be triggered as "anomalous" anymore either.

In case a "final project" is still detected, please let us know (include the sample), so we can add it to our database of known good apps as well to prevent this in the future.