PerLindholt

PC goes slowly to stop

I had to leave Malwarebytes, I have premium with all protections on. The first I notice is sound delay when deleting email from Microsoft Outlook 2010. After some one day disks is slower. The third day, responce time is slow with every action. Prosessor use is low, PC just waits before doing it work. The third day I have to restart PC, and restart is very slow until it's of. Sound delay starts with Malwarebytes. I have W7-64 with 32Gb ram. Some months ago Malwarebytes was eating all memory, but this is passed now. Haveing a paid version I expect it to work properly.

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven't done so already, please run these two tools and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  • MB-Check
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Greetings,

Are you using the latest version, 3.4.5 of Malwarebytes?  I ask because previous versions, including 3.4.4, were known to have some performance issues similar to those you describe.  If you aren't running version 3.4.5, please download and install it from here, rebooting to complete the installation if prompted.

Let us know if that resolved the issue or not, and if not, then please proceed with posting the logs requested in the above automated reply below where it says technical issues so that we might take a look at your Malwarebytes installation to help us determine what might be causing the issues.

Thanks

Yes, looked it up when writing. The problem apeard after 1 og 2 days without restarting. After leaving Malwarebytes no change after 3 days. I now started, and will see if it gets slow, then leave and see if restart not neaded.

OK, so just to verify, you are running version 3.4.5 of Malwarebytes, is that correct?  You can check the program version by hovering your mouse over the Malwarebytes tray icon, by opening the program and looking at the top of the program window, or by opening the program and going to Settings>About and viewing the information there.  Here are examples from my own system/installation:

5ad8a5c428fe6_TrayTooltip.png.eeb11d580e2633512388145713c3c26f.png

Main.png.dec98390565d67e76c9b1f8cd84fa21d.png

About.png.0748cc3f790961c45ffcc06bdd338bac.png

I have the latest, and yesterday I was silly and started it up again. Today I pay the price. Outlook refuses to start, Malwarebytes refuses to leave. Taskmanager does not fing the file. Explorer isn't to be found. Other disks does not respond. At restart Windows, 10 minutes (I have SSD) Starting took 15 sec. When things does not work, there is no unnormal use of CPU. I cannot use Malwarebytes until this is fixed. My college also has problems after accessing internet his computer gets slow.

Filedates: mbam.exe  27 Mars.  Most exe and DDL is from this date. And yes, 3.4.5. 3.4.4 was not a problem. An earlier version did eat memory, but else it was nice.

Edited by PerLindholt