• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven't done so already, please run these two tools and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  • MB-Check
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

13 hours ago, CottonD said:

I have MWB for Windows Premium on my laptop.  If I want MWB Premium on my Android phone, do I have to purchase it separately, or can I just add my phone to my existing MWB account?

They're separate from each other, It would be nice if they grouped PC's and Mobile together, but I understand if its not.

It depends on when you purchased your license. If you recently (after August of 2017) purchased a license for multiple devices, it should be capable of working on your Android device as well as windows, but if you have an older license, you will need to purchase a new key for your Android device.

5 hours ago, dcollins said:

It depends on when you purchased your license. If you recently (after August of 2017) purchased a license for multiple devices, it should be capable of working on your Android device as well as windows, but if you have an older license, you will need to purchase a new key for your Android device.

This is interesting. At home there's 2 desktop computers with 1 having a lifetime subscription, and the other one has a new registration code just bought approx 1 month ago. In the program on the 2nd computer, it shows the new serial, but yet, when I go online to my account it only shows the lifetime license. My name is on both licenses and my name is used the 2nd computer, in regard to MBAM. On the new license it shows on the License card, its good for 3 PC's/ 1 YR. Nothing about 3 Devices in general. I have since deactivated the 2nd computer's license that shows lifetime license hoping it will use what's showing in the program itself and its a new license code. Not sure what the mix-up is right now. But definitely on the License card I purchased, it shows 3 PC's. Thanks

P.S. - I only brought this up because when trying to license MBAM on Android, it wouldn't use my new code and required a mobile license.

Edited by plb4333

1 hour ago, plb4333 said:

This is interesting. At home there's 2 desktop computers with 1 having a lifetime subscription, and the other one has a new registration code just bought approx 1 month ago. In the program on the 2nd computer, it shows the new serial, but yet, when I go online to my account it only shows the lifetime license. My name is on both licenses and my name is used the 2nd computer, in regard to MBAM. On the new license it shows on the License card, its good for 3 PC's/ 1 YR. Nothing about 3 Devices in general. I have since deactivated the 2nd computer's license that shows lifetime license hoping it will use what's showing in the program itself and its a new license code. Not sure what the mix-up is right now. But definitely on the License card I purchased, it shows 3 PC's. Thanks

P.S. - I only brought this up because when trying to license MBAM on Android, it wouldn't use my new code and required a mobile license.

I believe I found the issue. I had bought MBAM 3 on Newegg.com and from what I've read on their Forum, a guy mentioned that if a person buys a license online, away from Malwarebytes.com, the license won't be noted on Malwarebytes site, just seen on the computer. This could explain why the license # was never uploaded to Malwarebytes and only in its program is it acknowledged. Also, I just seen on Malwarebytes site for the pricing, it is a mix n' match scenario, as Dcollins mentioned. Why my license card says 3 PC's is beyond me and has me puzzled. It's almost like its an older license, but yet its for MBAM 3...puzzling

Edited by plb4333