swillastro

New version of Malware available

I'm running version 3.3.1 which keeps in forming me that a new version is available and do I want to install. Malware then closes and nothing else happens.

If I download the latest version and open the executable mb3-setup-consumer-3.4.5 file again nothing happens, although I have at some point got the message asking to allow this program to update my computer but again no result. Running up todate Windows 10.

Greetings and welcome,

First, please make certain you are logged in as an administrator and if you weren't previously, go ahead and try installing the new version from your administrative user account.  If that was not the issue then please press the Windows key+R on your keyboard and type services.msc and press Enter.  Scroll down the list of services until you come to Windows Management Instrumentation and double-click on it.  If it is not set to a Startup type: of Automatic, click the drop-down menu and change it to Automatic then click on Start to start the service.  If the service wasn't running and won't start, go ahead and do the following:

Tweaking.com Windows Repair All-in-One

• Download Tweaking.com Windows Repair from here and install it or if you would prefer, you may instead download and extract the portable version from here
  • Once installed or extracted, launch Repair_Windows.exe
  • Click on the Repairs - Main tab
  • Click on the Open Repairs button
  • Once it displays the list of repairs, click the checkbox next to All Repairs so that everything listed is UNCHECKED
  • Now, click the checkbox next to Repair WMI so that it is checked
  • Click on the Start Repairs button at the bottom
  • Once it completes, allow it to restart your system

Once that's done, see if Malwarebytes now installs and works properly.

If not, or if that was not the problem, please follow the instructions in this topic then try again to install the software after removing any threats found by that version of Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit.

If none of the above has resolved the problem, then please do the following:

Malwarebytes Support Tool diagnostic logs:

1. Please download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool from HERE
  2. Accept License Agreement and click Next
  3. Click on Advanced Options
  4. Click Gather Logs and wait for the process to complete
  5. Click OK once scan completes
  6. Please attach the file on your desktop named mbst-grab-results.zip to your next reply

Having switched off the pc the software decided to install itself OK. Usual resolution of problems switch off and on again. Thanks for your reply to my issue. 

Very good, I'm glad you were able to solve the problem.  If you need anything or have any questions or issues, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll do our best to help.

Thanks