RacingDog

More machine/learning Anomalous

This software is shared by me as freeware so I can't simply exclude it from scans. Note that no other of my programs produced by the same language IDE produces any report. I have recompiled the program to get a clean exe and the problem persists.

Train Tickets Suite.exe is the reported file

In case it helps I've added the source code (the sbp and bas files) (language Basic4PPC) and the additional dlls used in it, as well as the program's help files in html format.

The language is obsolete so I've also included a zip file which contains the desktop ide. But it needs a licence file from Anywhere Software to produce .exe files (https://www.b4x.com/)

MBLog.txt

MBProblem.zip

Basic4ppc-6.90.zip

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. This has been fixed now.

If you update your version, before releasing - can you please send us the executable that is being detected (if detected again), so we can whitelist it before releasing?

Additional note, it's a good idea to make your version-info more unique than only 1.exe, (eg, name it exactly what it is) - as that certainly will help to reduce future FPs.

Thanks!

I am having a "machine learning" issue as well on or main police software... I will start a new call as soon as I can...whats gong on with all these machine learning issues?

Hi Cleatus,

Can you zip and attach the file that is detected, so we can have a look at it and whitelist?

Our MachineLearning engine is a new detection engine to catch 0day malware, where it doesn't require traditional signatures. This for a better protection+prevention.

Unfortunately, as with any Machinelearning detections/engines, False Positives might also happen. This is why it's called machinelearning, as it requires these false positives as well to learn from them so they aren't being detected anymore.

Thanks!

I have been using Malwarebytes since August 2012.

We have been developing Windows Software using Visual Studio in C#
for last 20 years.

Current software solution SmartPDFPrintware has been in
use in many large enterprises without being flagged as infected with any type of virus.

Starting on Friday April 13 2018 Malwarebytes flagged
SmartPDFPrintware 
with "MachineLearning/Anomalous.100%"

I am at loss. Please help!

Thanks.

SmartPDFPrintware.zip

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to the update.

FYI I wrote my first program in 1966 so I never name files like that, that file is part of the language support and outside of my control.

Thanks RacingDog,

The Train Tickets Suite.exe is no longer being detected anymore since you first reported it :)