Angel420

Blocking Avast Updater

(Sorry if this is in the wrong place)

Hi, so i just started using the Malwarebytes 3 Premium(trial) and started getting reports saying it is blocking Updater from Avast.  Anyway, I open up Malwarebytes to see it and it says my programs are not up to date. Lol. This has been going on for about a month. This is saying its outbound connection which it blocks. I read in other places it could be mistaking it for something else(I dont quite understand that).  I know there is an issue of other things being blocked in avast, but not sure if this is the same. And idk if i should ignore it or exclude from being blocked.  I also looked online and there does seem to be a driver update malware or something (so i was concerned about that).. Any ideas why this is happening? Thank you for any help. :)

HP Desktop

Windows 10 - Chrome 

MBAM - Avast

MBAM.zip

MBAM2.zip

Same problem here, MWB is blocking the installation of Avast Driver Updater as it has blocked the connection to download.driverupdate.net and indicates it is Malware. Avast Premium is unable to download the installer. I add an exception, still no joy. Dashboard says "Updates: Current" even though I put in an IP exception as well as attempting a URL exception

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 4/14/18
Protection Event Time: 2:25 PM
Log File: 2e211fe2-4011-11e8-be4c-704d7b2d1d2e.json
Administrator: Yes

-Software Information-
Version: 3.4.5.2467
Components Version: 1.0.342
Update Package Version: 1.0.4734
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, , Blocked, [-1], [-1],0.0.0

-Website Data-
Category: Malware
Domain: download.driverupdate.net
IP Address: 146.112.61.106
Port: [56035]
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Users\[removed for security]

(end)

Can you please download and run the support tool below so we can troubleshoot why your exclusion isn't working?

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click on Advanced Options (not Get Started)
  3. Click on Gather Logs, and once the process is done, please upload the log file it creates on your desktop (mbst-grab-results.zip)

On 4/15/2018 at 1:52 AM, Dashke said:

This domain is blocked for Rogue.DriverUpdate.

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detections/driverupdate-net/

Not sure exactly what that is, but i thought the updater was avast.. 

On 4/15/2018 at 12:29 PM, dcollins said:

Can you please download and run the support tool below so we can troubleshoot why your exclusion isn't working?

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click on Advanced Options (not Get Started)
  3. Click on Gather Logs, and once the process is done, please upload the log file it creates on your desktop (mbst-grab-results.zip)

mbst-grab-results.zip

Thanks for the report. The link above from @Dashke explains why we are blocking that site, and it seems Avast is using that site for their updates. If you want to continue using Avast, you'll need to add that site as an exclusion.

4 hours ago, dcollins said:

Thanks for the report. The link above from @Dashke explains why we are blocking that site, and it seems Avast is using that site for their updates. If you want to continue using Avast, you'll need to add that site as an exclusion.

Okay, thanks for the help