Unable to install M-B

Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup is aborted.

Error 5: Access is denied.

I have installed M-B on this computer several times in the past with no problem. WinXP Home, SP3, all patches current, 32 bit. This is the only software that I'm having trouble installing.

I have also removed M-B and done the MBAM cleanup per several instructional posts, rebooting after every step. I've run CCleaner as well as Registry Mechanic, deleted all M-B directories hiding various places in Windows. During this attempted install I have closed (disabled) all other running software including AV and firewall. I am at a total loss and considering I've paid for the license on this and two other computers, I'm concerned about the ongoing problems with M-B. It seems the newest answer is now to "wait" for v. 1.41, which I can't do because I need to protect this computer now, not at some date in the unknown future. Sorry to be so snarky but I've purchased 3 licenses and I now have troubles on two out of three M-Bs.

Please help and I will be most grateful.

Thank you kindly,

Carole