Many threats on computer removed. Some say removal failed.

I had problems that had prevented me from installing or using any anti-virus software. I had to run a special build of Malwarebytes anti-rootkit from here to solve that problem and install Malware Bytes. Here's the forum where I posted my problems and was helped. I was redirected to this post and was able to do the threat scan; however, whenever I click on the link for the Farbar Recovery Scan tool, my browser closes. I am using Microsoft Edge as I had to uninstall both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox when they faced numerous problems and refused to open. I was strongly recommended to post here despite having Malware Bytes running on my computer. Here are the logs:

quarantine log.txt

threat log.txt

system-log.txt

mbar-log-2018-04-09 (12-49-04).txt

mbar-log-2018-04-09 (17-18-19).txt

2 hours ago, TwinHeadedEagle said:

Hello,

Can you follow this topic and attach FRST reports?

As I mentioned in my post above, my browser crashes each time I click on the link to download FRST. Should I try downloading it on another device and transferring it to my computer using a pen drive? 

5 hours ago, TwinHeadedEagle said:

Good. How is your computer behaving now?

It seemed fine at first; however, when I turned it back on today I was unable to open the task manager. I scanned with Malwarebytes for malware, and one popped up. I am still unable to open task manager though.

quarantine log3.txt

• Staff

FRST.gif Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.

• Right-click on FRST.gif icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.

Please upload them into your next reply.
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, TwinHeadedEagle said:

FRST.gif Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.

• Right-click on FRST.gif icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.

Please upload them into your next reply.

Sorry I was unable to access my computer for the past 10 days as I was out of town. Task manager still not opening, I have posted the error message below. When I launched the FRST file, it started scanning but closed suddenly. I had to then scan it in safe mode, and when I clicked on fix, it said no fixlist file found. Anyways, here's the logfiles:

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Screenshot (399).png

Edited by AntRave
  • Staff

FRST.gif Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine. icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable. icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

fixlist.txt

• 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks