KaidensMommy

Task Manager and CPU Time

Hello! This might be a stupid question, but when you are looking in task manager and it is showing App History and it gives the CPU Time and the Network, does that count for updates that occur in the background as well? I'm wondering because it has Skype listed and it says for CPU time 0:25:31 and for Network 0.6 MB and I've never used Skype before. So, I wasn't sure if it was maybe because of an update or something? 

Thanks for any info anyone can provide!

If you are on Windows 10, it enables by default, especially if you are logged in with a Microsoft account. It can be uninstalled in Window 7, 8 and 10 if you do not use it. It is the first thing I uninstall on an install of my Windows 10. Skype is more of an infection than of use to me. Runs when it wants, makes you an account in windows 10 without asking etc. 

I am on Windows 10. Ok! Thanks! I am uninstalling it then!

Do you happen to know what any of these are used for?

- Feedback Hub

- HP Documentation

- Messaging - Messaging app says, "This app only shows SMS texts from your mobile operator about your data plan (billing, data limits, etc.), and only on devices built for high-speed wireless data (LET). It can also show messages you’ve sent and received from apps such as Skype via SMS relay. It can’t send texts.”

So, the messaging app can’t send texts. It only stores texts for you to see. And, it doesn’t show texts you’ve received to your phone from your contacts, only from your mobile operator about your data plan?

Also, do you know if it is okay to uninstall these apps:

- Print 3D (I don't have a 3D printer so I don't really see the point)

- People

- Movies & TV

The Feeback Hub is used to submit feedback on your Windows 10 experience.

HP Documentation is either your PC is made by HP or you have a printer by HP I am guessing. (I do not have this on mine)

Messaging - I remove it. (skype related so good bye messaging lol)

Paint 3D Cannot be uninstalled. This is the new version of MS Paint and I keep it. It is handy for some things when you need to paste an image. 

People - Cannot be uninstalled. I just turn off everything I come across related to it. 

Movies and TV - Cannot be uinstalled. This is the Windows 10 "media player". I personally use VLC Media Player. 

Edited by Access Denied

Well messaging I will remove then lol! Ugh I hate when they install apps that can't be uninstalled! I clicked on movies and TV and it seems like it's for streaming where you purchase what you want, but I have Netflix for that. Does it also play DVDs? 

I hate that I cannot remove them also! I have only loaded the Movies and TV to play some sounds a couple times. I don't actually have a DVD handy to test it or I would. I couldn't remove it either, so I just left it. I have not run across anything I actually needed it for. The only time I used it was before I had all my apps installed. You can either use it or get your own media player like VLC and then change the default app to VLC. You can see all your default apps in Windows 10, if you open Settings (either press windows key and type settings then click it or press windows key, hold it and press A. You will see Settings down there in the action center. 

One you click Settings, look for "Apps" without the quotes of course. Then click Default apps. There you can set your music player, video player, email program, web browser etc. 

Hope this helps. 

Edited by Access Denied

It's just so ridiculous. I get not letting you uninstall things that are necessary for the computer, but not letting people uninstall random apps is stupid!! I have my music default app set to windows media player, but I also have CyberLink Power Media Player and Groove Music. For the video player it has Movies and TV set as default but in options it has Power Media Player and Windows Media Player listed (I'm not sure if those would work, it also has Photos listed lol). 

Just click on whichever you want to change and then change it. It will probably tell you to "try this as it is best for Windows 10" but just click which ever you want to use for default. I use Windows Media Player for music and VLC for Video player. 

The People app, when I click on it to open it to try to make sure all the settings are off, it opens to "Get Started," so since I have never done anything with it would that mean that it's not set up? Or is there somewhere when I can disable certain settings without setting it up.

I think the only place I came across it was in Privacy. It will be under Contacts. I turned off "Let apps access my contacts". 

Other than that I just avoid clicking on it. You can right click your Taskbar and click on show the people button. It will remove it from there also. 

I switched to Windows 10 Mail app a while back and just realized that I will need the Contacts/people when I send an email hahahahhaaa. The irony there. 

EDIT: I don't send many emails. Mostly reply to them and just noticed this going over all this with you. :D

EDIT 2: Muahahahahahah my Gmail account has all the Contacts saved in the account. I don't need the People thingy. 

Edited by Access Denied