Some computers not registering to Management console

Hello,

We recently migrated our Management Server to a new server. Everything seemed to be going well, however, now about 4 clients are no longer reporting in. Even after uninstalls and reinstall of the client program. I am also worried that other machines might start having issues. What is needed to take a look at this issue?

On the client itself ensure that its communication service is on and running, in services.msc you'll see it as "MeeClientService", if it is not running, start it. If it is running, bounce it. If it is not there, the install is broken and we'll need to change tactics.

Still on the client, check that its SCComm files are ok:
C:\ProgramData\sccomm\SCComm.xml
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Managed Client\SCComm.exe.config

If these are missing or corrupt, let me know. We'll take them from another machine that is checking in and make them generic to be able to fix the endpoint that is not communicating.

On your server, check that the communication file being sent along in the push or offline installer has the correct address, C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Management Server (Malwarebytes Enterprise Edition for older installs)\Package Template\SCComm.xml. These files get reverted back to your originals if you restore the old database on a new server using the built-in tool.

Ok, so it does look like they are still using the old server's i[p in those files. I edited the one on the server C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Managed Client\SCComm.exe.config and tried reinstalling it over the old install, but this did not change the files on the client.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it on one computer using a newly created install package with the edited server file C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Managed Client\SCComm.exe.config and it worked successfully. 

Although, I would prefer not to have to uninstall and reinstall every client. 

Did you say that you have some way to make these two files generic:
C:\ProgramData\sccomm\SCComm.xml
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Managed Client\SCComm.exe.config

Hey StroTech, apologies for not seeing this the day of, good catch on your exception. To make generic files, SCComm.exe.config only needs the correct IP. Sccomm.xml will need the editing to make it generic. You leave your connection string, but all other values, blank them out to be 'value = ""'. Here's how that looks...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
    <appSettings>
        <add key="ServerRef" value="https://SERVER-IP-or-FQDN:18457/SCClientService/" />
        <add key="Group" value="" />
        <add key="Client" value="" />
        <add key="Policy" value="" />
        <add key="RegisterResult" value="" />
    </appSettings>
</configuration>

Note that the lines can have 'value' before 'key', that's totally fine if your sccomm.xml happens to be that way. Turn the MEEClientService off then edit or swap the file. The file will need to be saved to the desktop first, or pre-edited, then dropped in the location to overwrite the existing one.

Once that is done, start the service again and it will connect and populate the rest of the values.