Windows 10 Pro 1803 Spring Creator Upgrade Issue

Hi All,

I have made many attempts to get AntiExploit option in the Malwarebytes to turn on but to no avail it will still not turn on. I have went through the steps of doing a clean install with the support tools that malwarebytes site provides. But still not solution found. I have posted screenshots below for the same. This is Critical that it get fixed as antiexploit protection is not happening right now due to it not being able to be turned on in the software. Any help would be great.

r99vocqrzxp01.png

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven't done so already, please run these two tools and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  • MB-Check
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

1 hour ago, dcollins said:

This is due to having Memory Integrity enabled in Windows Defender and is a known conflict. This will be fixed in 3.5. If you want to use this in the meantime, you can use the instructions below to turn off Memory Integrity:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/104025-turn-off-core-isolation-memory-integrity-windows-10-a.html

On my systems running Insider Build 17133.73 that option is OFF by default and that is why I did not have a problem.

I turned it ON and after a restart MB Exploit Protect was OFF and would not turn on.

I turned Memory Integrity OFF and after a restart MB is fine.

I had to use the Reg file from the tutorial to turn it OFF.

Jim :ph34r:

Just a heads up. MS released 1803 Build 17134 to fast ring today to fix problems with 17133.

It will be tested in the Fast ring and move to Slow ring for more testing and then to Release Preview. 

Hopefully it will test OK and then released to the general public is the next few weeks.

Hello Windows Insiders!

Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17134 (RS4) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. This build has no new features and includes the fixes from KB4100375 as well as some fixes for general reliability of the OS. As Build 17133 progressed through the rings, we discovered some reliability issues we wanted to fix. In certain cases, these reliability issues could have led to a higher percentage of (BSOD) on PCs for example. Instead of creating a Cumulative Update package to service these issues, we decided to create a new build with the fixes included. This just reinforces that Windows Insiders are critical to helping us find and fix issues before releasing feature updates to all our customers so thank you!

No downtime for Hustle-As-A-Service,
Dona <3

Edited by Phone Man

I was one of the few that were given version 1803 Build 17133.1 by Microsoft by way of Windows update. It is not a Test copy or beta or insider. It is the production copy that came down through official Windows update. I am not part of any beta or insider group. Just got lucky I guess. Has malwarebytes found a solution to the stated conflict that has been stated in previous post to allow Expolit protection to be moved back to the on position? 

image.png.33a5058d857fc8e2149c9e7f5d7d06ab.png

@StormySeaDog you should check your settings, because that build is still insider preview and is not fully baked (in fact, it's actually out of date since the most recent version is 17134.1, https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/04/16/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17134-for-fast/)

As for the issue of Exploit protection, this should be solved in our 3.5 beta which you can test by going to Settings -> Application and turning on the option for beta updates. You can read more about the beta here: 

17 hours ago, dcollins said:

@StormySeaDog you should check your settings, because that build is still insider preview and is not fully baked (in fact, it's actually out of date since the most recent version is 17134.1, https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/04/16/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17134-for-fast/)

As for the issue of Exploit protection, this should be solved in our 3.5 beta which you can test by going to Settings -> Application and turning on the option for beta updates. You can read more about the beta here: 

Not sure how many times I need to explain but I am not on a insider preview or a test copy or a beta copy of windows 10. I am in fact on a fully baked version. Not sure how I can give any more proof of such but since it is clear you don't believe me nor can accept that I have a fully baked version is something you need to work through. I will never have the latest build till it is fully baked which it isn't right now as you even stated that the latest insider is 17134.1. But I can tell you that the latest fully baked is version 1803 Build 17133.1. Here is further proof showing that I am not signed up. If I was signed up I would not be asked to join insider. It would be showing different options. I request that a solution be provided instead of giving run around and none solution results. Downgrading Malwarebytes version from 3.4.5 has been suggested and that is NOT even practical or best solution as then it puts me even further vulnerable to the world. I suggest that the devs or concerned team work with Microsoft to resolve the issue with conflict of windows defender core memory. I am about finding solutions and if solution can't be found then I find a dev or staff member that can get the bug or said issue resolved in a timing manner with low risk of infections. Right now machines that got my version and build through windows update that is a FULLY BAKED copy of Microsoft Windows are now at a security risk with the said Exploit protection in a off state. I should not have to do registry changes or any workaround as it should be a critical thing put at the top of a security companies list to ensure that their clients and customers are secure and not open to risk and infections.

Please provide permanent not work around. Please accept that this is a fully BAKED copy. If you further do NOT believe the facts I have shared please reach out to Microsoft yourself as I have many times and got confirmation that my version and build is the latest fully baked copy and was shared to a small hand full of Windows 10 users.   

image.png.6973529bbf72d9988647d929160cf9d3.pngimage.thumb.png.64107f221bcd8bed161330a47b6c3b38.png

18 minutes ago, dcollins said:

Thanks, I wasn't saying your Windows version is causing the issue, just that it doesn't line up with the rest of the internet. That being said, it's not really an issue.

The solution you're looking for is in the beta, which will hopefully be release as a GA build soon

Thanks fair enough