Computer still acting up after no threats found in normal mode.

I will complete the steps later. To answer your question, the disk check never stops and always runs. Also, something else I'd like to add is that anytime I try to restart after a threat scan on Malwarebytes, the Windows restarting screen freezes. I usually unplug the laptop and plug it back in but, I'm not sure if that's appropriate. When I startup again, the threat scan says complete and the threats in the last scan are quarantined. My question is, does this affect the Malware Removal process? 

• Root Admin

Yes, that's what I was looking for. It's a good price and the good part about having it is that even if your hard drive goes bad and you have to replace it, you can restore Windows to it again with that DVD.

Backup all your data to an external hard drive because this DVD will remove all data from the drive and rebuild it.

• Root Admin

Yes, absolutely. I would recommend that before your restore the computer to factory defaults that you deactivate Malwarebytes. Also, make sure you backup bookmarks, user data, know passwords to all sites, etc. Have license, registration, activation information for any other software you've bought or installed saved to an external USB drive, and/or written down on paper so that you can reinstall and activate on the newly rebuilt computer.

I'll go ahead and close this topic then but if you need further help please let us know. You can send me a private message if needed.

Cheers and good luck.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks