Only on one PC am I having this problem. MBAMService.exe is doing 12-13% CPU. Sometimes if I quit the program and restart it, it doesn't come back for some time, maybe hours.

Hello and Welcome!

Please download the Malwarebytes Support Tool to assist us in helping you further with your issue.

It is a multi-purpose troubleshooting and repair utility, designed to assist with issues related to Malwarebytes for Windows. Our goal with the Malwarebytes Support Tool is to provide a simple and stress-free approach to troubleshooting issues with Malwarebytes products.

** Download Malwarebytes Support Tool Here **

1. Please save the file where you can locate it.
download.jpg.970e987e98e7b2e1e1e4ebf10b6

2. Then close all browsers and locate the file you downloaded and double-click on it to install and run the program.
start_install.jpg.93d4745d746a5a93512134

3. Place a checkmark on the "Accept License Agreement" checkbox and click the Next button.
software_license_agreement.jpg.c5bd03db8

4. Click on the "Advanced Options" link for Forum Support options
Forum_Support.jpg.936b885674dc07463de20b

5. Click on the "Gather Logs" button
click_gather_logs.jpg.e01fea6f9610162069

6. The program will run the FRST program in the background and gather some diagnostic logs and zip them up on your desktop as: mbst-grab-results_zip
mbst-grab-results_zip.jpg.3f5b6305df053b

7. Close the Malwarebytes Support Tool and locate the file: mbst-grab-results_zip on your desktop and upload that as an attachment to your next reply.
upload_this_file.jpg.fa7c212fb55601fb1d3

For more information, please refer to the following links:

Malwarebytes Support Tool User Guide
Malwarebytes Support Tool FAQs

Since I installed this, the problem thus far has not returned. I will let you know if it returns.

There must have been an update which fixed it. I shut it down for the night about 3 nights ago, restarted it and have had no issues since. Hopefully it is taken care of. I still have trouble understanding why I did not see this issue on my other 2 machines. I guess it will have to be one of those unsolved mysteries!

1 hour ago, THuot said:

There must have been an update which fixed it. I shut it down for the night about 3 nights ago, restarted it and have had no issues since. Hopefully it is taken care of. I still have trouble understanding why I did not see this issue on my other 2 machines. I guess it will have to be one of those unsolved mysteries!

You were most likely running a older version that did have that issue, Your other two probably had the fixed update already installed.