MalwareBytes/ComboFix/HiJackThis killed

First time poster, long time reader of everything fixing spyware/scareware/etc.

I have an issue on a computer that's been very similar to several other threads I've been following on here. Whenever I start a scan with any of the usual programs, the program is terminated. I've gone through the Task Manager dozens of times and tried to kill any process that might have an effect on the scan. I get about 6 seconds into scanning with MBAM and it closes, rendering the porgram useless/locked. I'm willing to go through whatever steps and logs to get this resolved and hopefully a common fix for everyone else. I would like to avoid reformating as that does little to help and ends up being alot of work to restore all files involved.

Thanks!

this is an odd request, but seeing there are tons and tons of topics w/ the same symptoms, i was wondering if it would be possible for me to infect myself with this spyware on a virtual machine so that i can help figure out what needs to be done to rid this nasty stuff in a fast manner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!