MBAM 3.4.5 Win 10 BSOD

After Installing the Updated MB 3.4.5 I now don't get freezing but I now get BSOD on several occasions on Windows 10 Pro. I then uninstalled MB in safe mode using mb-clean-3.1.0.1031. Restarted after it was completed, Reinstalled mb3-setup-consumer-3.3.1.2183 and the problem has vanished. The issue with 3.4.5 is not resolved and has issues with Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) in windows 10. I had to downgrade MBAM in order to even have a working version of MBAM to 3.3.1 which is the last working version I had prior to 3.4.4

Edited by JeffACR73

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven't done so already, please run these two tools and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  • MB-Check
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Hello  @JeffACR73

That is interesting that you are seeing the BSOD with MB 3.4.5

Can you please send us the C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP file? It's quite large, so would need to be uploaded to a file hosting service such as Filemail

https://www.filemail.com/

The best way to send that file is to first copy it from it's current location to your desktop. Then, zip it before sending. If you use a third party archive tool such as WinRAR or 7zip, it can usually compress quite a bit more than with Windows' native zip utility.

I'll send you a Private Message with an email address you can use with Filemail.

Thank you for your help.

22 hours ago, nikhils said:

Hello  @JeffACR73

That is interesting that you are seeing the BSOD with MB 3.4.5

Can you please send us the C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP file? It's quite large, so would need to be uploaded to a file hosting service such as Filemail

https://www.filemail.com/

The best way to send that file is to first copy it from it's current location to your desktop. Then, zip it before sending. If you use a third party archive tool such as WinRAR or 7zip, it can usually compress quite a bit more than with Windows' native zip utility.

I'll send you a Private Message with an email address you can use with Filemail.

Thank you for your help.

Hello nikhils.

Thank you for your help. 

I have searched for this file, The system doesn't find a search for this file on any of my installed drives. Could this possibly be due to using the mb-clean-3.1.0.1031 tool?

Hi @JeffACR73

mb-clean will not wipe out the windows memory dumps. 

What I can suggest is this.

1. Download the latest 3.4.5 build from https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3

2. Install the same on top of MB 3.3.1 (You don't have to uninstall anything)

3. Lets check again to see if you can get the BSOD with MB 3.4.5

4. If you can we should be able to get the memory.dmp from the C:\Windows location

The reason we are requesting this is what we did fix a few BSOD with MB 3.4.5 so memory dumps would surely help.

Thank you. 

Sorry that it took me so long to get back to you. I been doing some testing and fighting a BSOD with both versions of MBAM. I think that I finely pin pointed it down to work with Windows 10 1709 16299.309 with MBAM 3.4.5 with Ransomware Protection Preventative setting Off. This seems to be what's working for me right now.

I have done all of this over and over again. Ever since MB 3.4.4 I have had issues. Prior I didn't see any issues but with MB 3.4.5 I still see issues of BSOD 10x out of 10. If I completely uninstall MB 3.4.5 and do everything I did prior to BSOD 0x out of 10x no BSOD. I am now feed up with this TBH. I have reinstalled MB 3.3.1 and I am sticking to it until the problem is fixed. I have went as far as reinstalling my system completely fresh not a repair install with fully updated system and drivers. And still get the BSOD with MB 3.4.5. It isn't some other software. MB 3.3.1 Doesn't give me the BSOD at all. I have tested all my software completely with and without MB 3.3.1 and MB 3.4.5 is the only software that arises the BSOD. I honestly don't have the time for this so I am sticking were I am at now until there is an update that works.