I had the same issue pop up last night as before with the super high cpu and ram usage....Think I'm gonna uninstall it for a while and see how the pc runs. 

6 minutes ago, nikhils said:

Hello @Kins44

Out latest updated build 3.4.5 has fixes towards performance issues.

Can you please try the latest build and let us know if you are still seeing the issue ?

Latest build can be downloaded from https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3

Thank you

Can't right now. It's actually my wifes computer. When I have the chance I'll let you know. I actually uninstalled and reinstalled it a few days ago because when I went to click Scan now, it would switch to the screen it normally scans on and then just freeze. The pc was fine, it's malwarebytes wouldn't scan at all. Then last night all of a sudden CPU usage was 100% and I only had 1GB of available ram. So the same thing as the issue before but not quite as bad because I didn't get an "out of memory" error this time. 

Ok I'll check for updates and install it later and see how things go. Thanks for the help!.

@Kins44 - to receive the latest program update, there are a few options.

1. Wait for it to be delivered in a metered fashion, and see the notification when it's been downloaded.
  2. Bypass the metering by using the "Install Application Updates" button on Settings > Application
  3. Use the direct download link that Nikhil provided earlier https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3 and then install over the top of the existing program.

If you are checking for updates on the Dashboard or via the notification area icon, those only check for new database availability, not program updates.

Al

43 minutes ago, tetonbob said:

@Kins44 - to receive the latest program update, there are a few options.

1. Wait for it to be delivered in a metered fashion, and see the notification when it's been downloaded.
  2. Bypass the metering by using the "Install Application Updates" button on Settings > Application
  3. Use the direct download link that Nikhil provided earlier https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3 and then install over the top of the existing program.

If you are checking for updates on the Dashboard or via the notification area icon, those only check for new database availability, not program updates.

Ok thanks again!. I'll try that out in a minute. 

I notice reports of this problem back to at least late January.  I only started seeing it recently.  Not sure exactly when, but I have version 3.4.5 installed and am still having the problem of high and persistent CPU and disk usage.

I'm not yet sure about this, but it seems like perhaps the resource consumption doesn't happen immediately after booting the system and may only happen only after running a manual scan.  I don't have any scheduled scans.  I don't think it happens after every scan either, but it does happen often enough to be a nuisance.