Connection reset error in Chrome on Windows 10

Alex8898

I was using CCleaner and I guess somehow it managed to mess up with the registry on my laptop. Every time I try to use chrome, the connection error keeps popping up again and again. I found this website ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Chrome which listed executing Malwarebytes as a possible solution.  However, even after the scan, I am still facing this issue. Can anyone provide me ay kind of specific scan setting which I can use? or some other steps which I can follow to solve this issue?

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET.jpg

The easiest fix would probably be to just reinstall Chrome.  Just uninstall your existing copy then download and install the latest version and hopefully that will repair its settings.

You should also verify that other web browsers are able to access the web to make sure the issue is just with Chrome and not with your connection.  You can test with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer, depending on the version of Windows you have installed.