csc.exe error

Hi there

Ever since I upgraded to version 3.4.4 I get "csc.exe was unable to initialize error" when I shut down windows 10 fall creators update. If I remove Malwarebytes the problem goes away and if I reinstall Malwarebytes the problem starts again so there is little doubt it is Malwarebytes. Is anyone else getting this problem, has anyone solved it and are Malwarebytes aware of the issue

Thanks

Please download the Malwarebytes Support Tool to assist us in helping you further with your issue.

It is a multi-purpose troubleshooting and repair utility, designed to assist with issues related to Malwarebytes for Windows. Our goal with the Malwarebytes Support Tool is to provide a simple and stress-free approach to troubleshooting issues with Malwarebytes products

** Download Malwarebytes Support Tool Here **

1. Please save the file where you can locate it.

download.jpg.970e987e98e7b2e1e1e4ebf10b6

2. Then close all browsers and locate the file you downloaded and double-click on it to install and run the program.

start_install.jpg.93d4745d746a5a93512134

3. Place a checkmark on the "Accept License Agreement" checkbox and click the Next button.

software_license_agreement.jpg.c5bd03db8

4. Click on the "Advanced Options" link for Forum Support options

Forum_Support.jpg.936b885674dc07463de20b

5. Click on the "Gather Logs" button

click_gather_logs.jpg.e01fea6f9610162069

6. The program will run the FRST program in the background and gather some diagnostic logs and zip them up on your desktop as:  mbst-grab-results_zip

mbst-grab-results_zip.jpg.3f5b6305df053b

7. Close the Malwarebytes Support Tool and locate the file: mbst-grab-results_zip on your desktop and upload that as an attachment to your next reply.

upload_this_file.jpg.fa7c212fb55601fb1d3

Hi there

Thanks for the reply

I attach the log as requested

The exact error message I get on shutdown is "The application was unable to start correctly (Oxc0000142) Click OK to close the application"

This error first appeared when I upgraded to 3.4.4 If I uninstall Malwarebytes I do not get the error. If I reinstall Malwarebytes it happens again.

Thanks

mbst-grab-results.zip

Greetings,

If you disable just the Ransomware Protection component of Malwarebytes, does the issue still occur when you go to shut down the system?  You can try this by right-clicking the Malwarebytes tray icon and clicking Ransomware Protection: On then clicking Yes to the User Account Control prompt.  Once it has terminated you should see a tray notification from Malwarebytes about protection being disabled which you may close or ignore and it will close on its own.  Any time after that you may test shutting down the system to see if it helped.

If you do this, please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Hi there
Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried what you suggested and carried out three shutdowns with Ransomware Protection turned off. All three shutdowns were clean with no errors. This therefore gives a strong indication of where the problem lies. I hope Malwarebytes or someone knows a fix as turning off part of the protection cannot be the best solution.
Once again thanks for your help

Excellent, thanks for testing that.  It confirms my hypothesis.  I believe this will be fixed in the next version of Malwarebytes to be released which includes fixes for several performance and compatibility problems related to ransomware protection.  I believe this update is due to be released very soon, however having not yet seen a public beta, I don't expect it to see release for at least a couple of weeks or more (though that all really depends on their internal testing and release schedule of course, and whether or not they discover any critical bugs that they must go back and fix prior to shipping the update).

Yep, pretty much.  I wish there were a more elegant workaround, but at least for the time being you know that you always have an option to disable the problematic component just prior to shutting down/restarting your system and you can at least continue to leave ransomware protection active while actually using your PC so you'll remain secure.

If you wish to test the beta once it is available for public testing, you may keep an eye on this area and once it becomes available, they should post up a new pinned topic there about it (it should be the next version to be posted with a version number greater than 3.4.4, likely 3.4.5 based on what I've heard so far, though that may change if they find/fix any bugs in the test builds).