My free trial for Malwarebytes for Mac expired yesterday and i was wondering if the updates are still automatic even though Malwarebytes reverted o the free version.

I checked the setting for Malwarebytes for Mac and found out that the "Automatically Check for Updates" option is still selected and i can change the timeframe for how long updates should be frequent. On the other hand, viewing the protection options between Malwarebytes Premium and Malwarebytes Free for mac shows that auto-updates is only a premium option.

Am i still able to have auto-updates with the free version of Malwarebytes for Mac, or will this later be turned off automatically since it's only been 24 hours since ive run out of premium?

• Staff

In free mode, you will still be notified when software updates become available, and you will still automatically receive database updates. Only the protection features will change in free mode. Currently, that is real-time protection, but other future features may be limited to Premium mode as well.