I am receiving spam email from this forum. I was subscribed to a specific topic on this forum, but now I am receiving spam email to the email address that I use for my profile and I was wondering why. I am receiving it under the topic that I was following. So far, I have received two this week. The first one was trying to sell me racoon removal services!

Could you please look into this??? 

Thank you.

malwarebytesSpam.png

Greetings :)

This is nothing to worry about.  What happened was a spam bot posted a message in the thread you were following and so you were sent a notification due to the fact that you were still following the topic.  The spammer has since been banned and their spam post removed from the thread.

Just make sure you don't click the link in the notification message.  If you do have any issues with raccoons then you should contact your local animal control agency.  And of course, if your system is ever hacked by raccoons (or anyone else, regardless of the species) then the folks at Malwarebytes will gladly assist you in cleaning your system free of charge :) .

You're very welcome.  If there's anything else we can help you with please don't hesitate to let us know.

Oh, and you should probably delete that email message if you haven't already, just to eliminate the risk of it accidentally being clicked.  In all likelihood it's just some site trying to sell their services, but there is always the possibility that it could contain malware or other dangerous or undesirable content.