use a bootable antivirus?

noob69420

Hi, i'm going to do a windows clean install and i have already analiced my pc with my antivirus and with malwarebytes, i have also used a couple of cleaners. malwarebytes found a couple o malwares but i have already removed they. ir order to be completely sure that there aren't any malware in my computer i was thinking in use a bootable antivirus (i think that a low level format will be to much time for the hdd of 1 tb, how much time do you think that it will need? its a good idea to do it?)

i have never had a really bad malware in my computer and i have used antivirus from the first day but my question is: do you think that is a good idea to use a bootable antivirus? because since i'm going to format i wanted to be sure that my pc is totally clean. i know that there are rootkits that are almost invisible for the common security software. although i have my pc scanned and nothing was found, do you thing that a bootable antivirus could remove something that have not been found yet? or the only thing i can do is a low level format?

Greetings and welcome :)

If you want to check for rootkits it would be a good idea to open Malwarebytes and go to Settings>Protection and turn on rootkit scanning under the Scan Options section.  Once that is done, perform a Threat scan and remove any threats it identifies.  If at all possible perform this scan in normal mode, not Safe Mode.

As for a bootable antivirus scan, it couldn't hurt but most likely is not necessary, especially since you have already performed all of the scans that you have.