Windows Antivirus Pro

My computer (not this one) has been infected with Windows Antivirus Pro and I cannot do anything. I have been trying for hours to fix this. These are the steps I have taken so far:

1.) Installed Malwarebytes in regular mode (I had to rename the exe). It ran for a few seconds, and then quit. I then got the error message "Access is denied" blah blah.

2.) Restarted in safe mode as administrator, gave myself access to Malwarebytes, same problem as 1.

3.) Tried running Avira's Anti-virus boot CD. It found 7 threats, renamed them all, but didn't fix anything.

4.) Tried running RootRepeal.exe. It says initializing for a long time and then eventually just crashes causing the blue screen of death.

5.) Tried running ComboFix. It appears in task manager, but never does anything.

Most of what I have tried I have done in safe mode (regular mode won't let me do anything)

I am running out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!