Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Good Morning,

 

   My previously registered MWB-3 has reverted to Free.

 

  Unable to enter an ID and key in [Activate Licence] - only [Exit] and [Purchase] are clickable - middle option greyed-out and unreadable.

 

Regards

 

Cheemag

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

 

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven't done so already, please run these two tools and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

  • Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  • MB-Check
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

 

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

  • Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear your having issues...

Let's try this first.... (Malwarebytes clean removal tool will backup your license information and then re-enter the license to the new install)

  1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to un-install your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (NOTE: After un-installing with the mb-clean tool you will be asked to reboot. Once you reboot it will ask you if you want to re-install Malwarebytes, you can select YES (it will download the latest version) If you are not prompted to install the latest version, you can download the latest version manually (currently v3.4.4.2398 CU 1.0.322) to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (after you run all the tools requested, all the logs will be combined into one log file named: mb-check-results.zip located on your Desktop (which will include the FRST logs inside the zip file))
  3. NOTE: More info about the latest Malwarebytes 3.4.4 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions


Please let us know how it goes.


Thank You,

Firefox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2018 at 1:11 PM, Firefox said:

Sorry to hear your having issues...

Let's try this first.... (Malwarebytes clean removal tool will backup your license information and then re-enter the license to the new install)

  1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to un-install your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (NOTE: After un-installing with the mb-clean tool you will be asked to reboot. Once you reboot it will ask you if you want to re-install Malwarebytes, you can select YES (it will download the latest version) If you are not prompted to install the latest version, you can download the latest version manually (currently v3.4.4.2398 CU 1.0.322) to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (after you run all the tools requested, all the logs will be combined into one log file named: mb-check-results.zip located on your Desktop (which will include the FRST logs inside the zip file))
  3. NOTE: More info about the latest Malwarebytes 3.4.4 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

 


Please let us know how it goes.


Thank You,

Firefox

  This doesn't work. After clicking the link for the clean tool - "MB-Clean" below I get there but nothing is downloaded and I very quickly end up back at that link:

Quote: We're super excited to announce availability of an update to both our MB-Check and MB-Clean utilities. For MB-Check, we've updated this to included both support for the latest Malwarebytes 3.1 as well as the ability to automatically collect log files. For MB-Clean, this has also been updated to support the latest Malwarebytes 3.1 as well as some other sweet enhancements.

See above to get the latest versions as well as the detailed changelogs: MB-Check | MB-Clean

Unquote

  Please provide a download link that works.

Regards

Cheemag

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you DCollins for the direct link.

I have the results file. What do I do with it? I suppose I could attach it to this post ... see what happens when I re-install.

" Once you reboot it will ask you if you want to re-install Malwarebytes  "

No it doesn't !

Regards

Cheemag

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jeemag said:

Thank you DCollins for the direct link.

I have the results file. What do I do with it? I suppose I could attach it to this post ... see what happens when I re-install.

" Once you reboot it will ask you if you want to re-install Malwarebytes  "

No it doesn't !

Regards

Cheemag

[SOLVED] 

That's fixed it. Thanks to all who responded.

Regards

Cheemag

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2018 at 11:28 PM, Firefox said:

@Jeemag glad the clean re-install solved you issues... Glad we could help

 

  Only for a time. MWB 3 is now causing the same problem with Firefox:  with MWB 3 installed Firefox refuses to launch and one or other of its two running processes has to be terminated

before Firefox can be started.  Firefox occasionally appears to close down, but in fact is still running, which upsets CCleaner..

  Whether the closedown problem is due to MWB I do not know, but suffice to say that if MWB is uninstalled the startup problem at least goes away, indicating that it is due to MWB and not Firefox.

Are there any updates to fix this problem? I can't surely be the only sufferer !

--

Cheemag

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jeemag lets get some logs so we can see what may be going on...

Lets try this new tool called Malwarebytes Support Tool to gather some logs.

  1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!"
  6. Click the Advanced Options link
  7. The Advanced Options page has two options, please choose one:
    • Gather Logs: Collects troubleshooting information from the computer using Check and Grab functionality. As part of this process, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) is also run to perform a complete diagnosis of the computer. The troubleshooting information is saved to a file on the Desktop named mbst-grab-results.zip. This file can be added as an email attachment or uploaded to a forum post and will assist your Malwarebytes Support agent with troubleshooting the issue currently being experienced.
    • Clean: Performs an automated uninstallation of all Malwarebytes products currently installed to the computer and prompts to install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows afterwards. This process may require a reboot of the computer, which must be manually consented to.
  8. To provide logs for review click the Gather Logs button
  9. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed to gather troubleshooting information from your computer
  10. Upon completion, click OK
  11. A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  12. Please attach the file in your next reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Afternoon (or whatever),

  All of this I could do, but I've already uninstalled MWB to be able to use my browser without the hassle it was causing me. So presumably I'd have to re-install MWB for this to work.

I'll see what I can do, as I miss the MWB scan for PUPs etc altho' I have Kaspersky to scan for the really serious stuff.

May be a day or two for a re-installation to 'bed in'. I'll get back ...

Regards

Cheemag

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries take your time and when you get a chance post the logs..

Thanks,

Firefox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the logs, lets wait for @dcollins to review them to see if he can tell what may be happening.

Thanks,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like you're license is currently setup and you're not in free mode. If you get into thefree state again, please provide a new set of logs so we can see what caused the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dcollins said:

It looks like you're license is currently setup and you're not in free mode. If you get into thefree state again, please provide a new set of logs so we can see what caused the issue.

GM

  Indeed it is. I re-activated/hijacked this conversation (a previous conversation started by me) rather than start a new one.

Regards

Cheemag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.