Morning,

I am reading through the documentation and I am able to see how to disable the gui/taskicon. What I am looking for a way to actually audit if the nogui option is running or not.

Greetings and welcome,

Are you referring to the tray icon for the standalone Anti-Exploit product or the Anti-Malware client?  If it is the standalone Anti-Exploit then the only way I can think of would be to check to see if mbae.exe is running currently as that is the process used for the GUI/tray, however it is also entirely possible that this process still runs even when the tray icon is configured not to be displayed so if that is the case, then I don't believe there would be a way to verify it programmatically (unless you have some means of capturing a screenshot of the desktop and visually verifying that the tray icon is not present, though you'd also need to somehow verify whether it is being hidden in the notification area by Windows).

This information is by no means definitive so if someone from the Product team provides further information I will concede to their expertise on the subject, but as far as I know there is no other standardized means of determining whether the option is being honored or not.

OK, I just confirmed that the only file included with Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit which includes any icons is mbae.exe, therefore this process must be running in order for the tray icon to be displayed.  Again, this does not mean that it hasn't been programmed to run in the background silently without displaying its icon, as that is a definite possibility, but if that process is not running then there definitely should be no icon in the notification area.