Hi to Porthos, I have the same problem saphicdrmr however, I use a USB WIRELESS BROADBAND DONGLE and I was surprised that my MB was blocking the internet. Can you help me with this? I followed your steps above and here are the results:

mb-check-results.zip

Hello @SiRHOSEven

When did this blocking start? Is it only seen in Chrome?

What happens if you use Internet Explorer? 

Please try the following and let me know if that corrects the issue or not

Also, not sure if you're aware or not but this computer is setup with software hacks designed to steal software from Microsoft and from Adobe. I would highly suggest removing such programs. Intellectual property theft is illegal in all industrialized Countries. If you need help removing please let me know and I can assist you.

Thank you

Ron

Hi @AdvancedSetup This happened when I installed Malwarebytes. I tried Firefox and Internet Explorer and it can't also connect. When I add chrome or firefox or internet explorer or any browser in exclusions, I  can  browse but I cannot ping, update malwarebytes, update windows, etc.

Also, this computer is a second hand so I don't know about the software hacks. With regards to that, I will talk to the seller and ask him for that. For the mean time, let's fix this first. Thanks!

Edited by SiRHOSEven

Okay, let's do some other scans then and get new logs.

Please run the following steps and post back the logs as an attachment when ready.

STEP 01

• If you're already running Malwarebytes 3 then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button.
  • If you don't have Malwarebytes 3 installed yet please download it from here and install it.
  • Once installed then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button.
  • Once the scan is completed click on the Export Summary button and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find, and attach that log on your next reply.
  • If Malwarebytes won't run then please skip to the next step and let me know on your next reply.

STEP 02

Please download AdwCleaner by Malwarebytes and save the file to your Desktop.

• Right-click on the program and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Accept the Terms of use.
  • Wait until the database is updated.
  • Click Scan.
  • When finished, please click Clean.
  • Your PC should reboot now if any items were found.
  • After reboot, a log file will be opened. Copy its content into your next reply.

RESTART THE COMPUTER Before running Step 3

STEP 03
Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). If you've, run the tool before you need to place a check mark here.
  • Please attach the Additions.txt log to your reply as well.

Thanks

Ron

Sorry for the delay. I'm not seeing an obvious failure in the logs. Let me have you run the following fix. Then we'll run another tool to check some other network status items.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

Ron

Please restart the computer one more time. After it restarts then try to use your USB Dongle connection and run this tool.

I'm going to be on the road for a bit, but will check on you again later tonight.

Please download MiniToolBox save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following check-boxes:

• Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using Reset FF Proxy Settings option Firefox should be closed.

Thanks

Ron

Please review the following topic and see if it applies to you, and if it helps or not and let me know.

http://thebloggingjunkie.blogspot.com/2010/06/error-619-globe-tattoo-prepaid-solved.html

There is also this topic.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-networking/issues-with-globe-tattoo-mobile-broadband-and/4e45d38b-baa4-4b62-978f-585f25c08aea

If that does not work then temporarily uninstall Malwarebytes and restart the computer and let me know if it works now or not.

Thanks

Ron

Hi @AdvancedSetup, just to be clear. I can connect with GLOBE TATTOO BROADBAND when WEB PROTECTION on MB is turned OFF. I can't connect with it if it's turn ON.

WEB PROTECTION ON:

- Can't ping

- Can't trace route

- Can't Browse

image.thumb.png.64af5667cd0e0d6d55243ea5d0c81100.png

WEB PROTECTION OFF:

- Can ping

- Can trace route

- Can browse

image.thumb.png.d1e47d9249aaac448c21ffa0ca15abab.png

I don't think it is necessary to uninstall MB since, I just need to turned off web protection while browsing using Globe Tattoo Broadband BUT THIS IS NOT IDEAL. 

Also, I don't think this has something to do with Windows since it it very clear on the screenshots and tests that I made.

Clearly, this is blocking my connection. But the question is, why is it blocking it and how to unblock it?

BTW, when I wrote this reply, I'm using Globe Tattoo Broadband while web protection is turned off on MB.

Okay, thanks for that. I'm not hopeful we'll find an answer as this is a very specific niche hardware group and pretty difficult for us to try to duplicate in-house. I will report it to our QA Team though and see what they say.

Please ping me back within a few days if I've not replied back to you by then, to give our QA Team time to respond to me.

For now, since you know how to work around it, that will need to be the fix until or if I can find something else for you.

Thank you again

Ron

Yes, I'm sure it's our driver. But duplicating this in-house in order to fix it is probably going to be difficult. If we can't fix it then you'd need to either continue to disable the Web blocker or find another product, but let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

Thank you again

Ron

What is the exact model name and number on the device?

Can you physically see it on the device and does it match in Device Manager?

Provide System Specifications:

• Please download Speccy from here and save the installer to your desktop or another location where you can easily find it.
  • Double-click the file to begin installation and follow the onscreen steps to complete the installation and make sure that the checkbox next to Run Speccy is checked before you click on Finish at the end.
  • Once the program starts it will analyze your system, please be patient as it may take a few moments to complete.
  • Once it finishes and none of the areas say Analyzing click on the File button at the top and select Save Snapshot...
  • Save the file to your desktop and click Ok to confirm
  • Go to your desktop and right click on the file you just created and hover over Send to and select Compressed (zipped) Folder
  • Please attach the zip file you just created to your next post

Hi, it has nothing to do whether it is still supported or not, old or new. The point is, it is working when web protection is turned off..