***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven't done so already, please run these two tools and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  • MB-Check
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

53 minutes ago, candylovergirl said:

Hello,

MBAM tray icon is appearing and disappearing  like magic!! :angry:

Why??

Thanks

Came

Curious to know. Did it happen with one time disappear and re-appear? Something like this that could happen if program was updating itself, then it would disappear, then after installed, it would come back out. Just a thought. :)

That was my hypothesis as well, also it has been known to happen occasionally that during an upgrade something goes wrong and after it uninstalls the previous version, it fails to proceed to install the upgrade for the new version leaving you without Malwarebytes on your system.

That said, assuming it's present now and is version 3.4.4 then everything should be OK, however if the issue persists please let us know and we can investigate further.

You can also take a look under C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Local\Temp for any Setup Log ####-##-## ####.txt files created recently.  The most recent one would be from the most recent Malwarebytes installation/upgrade.  If the date matches the day that it disappeared/reappeared that would coincide with our suspicions.

Hello @candylovergirl

We need to get some logs to determine what's going on please.

From the hidden auto content reply::

If you haven't done so already, please run these two tools and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  • MB-Check
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

Thank  you

Ron

Sorry for the hijack, but this has been happening for me as well since around version 3.2. Turning off computer at night and starting in the morning the icon in the taskbar will disppear. A restart will bring it back until the next time the computer is powered off. Seems like several people have reported this issue, only fix provided is to reinstall MB3 which isn't really a fix at all. I just wanted to chime in, can't provide logs as MB3 is uninstalled on my computer until this is fixed.  FYI, It was doing this on the latest version.Thanks.

Edited by digmorcrusher

When the icon is missing, do you notice it after a restart or after a shutdown (like @digmorcrusher mentioned). There is a known issue with Windows Fast Startup that can cause this, but a restart generally fixes it.

dcollins, it will fix it until the next shutdown, so not really a fix. I am running W10 so assumed it was Fast Startup, sorry for the hijack again, I'll stay out of this thread now.

11 minutes ago, digmorcrusher said:

dcollins, it will fix it until the next shutdown, so not really a fix. I am running W10 so assumed it was Fast Startup, sorry for the hijack again, I'll stay out of this thread now.

Hi digmorcrusher:

My post # 7 in hayc59's thread Latest Version Task Bar notes that this glitch has been reported for many different reporting systems, including Win XP SP3, Vista SP2 and Win 7 SP1 which do not have a Fast Startup feature.  There is an APPCRASH error logged in my Event Viewer for mbamtray.exe ( Malwarebytes Tray Application) on my Vista SP2 computer each time the MB icon fails to load in the system tray at boot-up.
----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.7.0 * NS Premium v22.12.1.15 * MB Premium v3.3.1.2183-1.0.262

12 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @candylovergirl

We need to get some logs to determine what's going on please.

From the hidden auto content reply::

• MB-Check

Thank  you

Ron

Hi @AdvancedSetup

Windows 10 latest build ,  Fast Startup  disable

My Logs are going to be useless, because I always enter the net in Shadow Mode and forcing my browser to run sandboxed 

But if you ask me the issue started with the latest Windows Update

Thanks Came

Just now, candylovergirl said:

Hi @AdvancedSetup

Windows 10 latest build ,  Fast Startup  disable

My Logs are going to be useless, because I always enter the net in Shadow Mode and forcing my browser to run sandboxed 

But if you ask me the issue started with the latest Windows Update

Thanks Came

They won't be useless.  The logs show much more than just browser history etc. which would be impacted by Shadow Mode and sandboxing.  It will show installed software, registry settings, information about your Malwarebytes installation, running programs, startup items, services, drivers and other info which could all be potential clues to why this might be happening.  Without any diagnostic info, there's not much anyone can do to determine what might be causing the issue as we'd all just be speculating and guessing.  However, if we get the right info and figure out what might be unique to the environments of those affected by the issue (hence the request for logs etc.), Malwarebytes own QA and Support folks might be able to replicate the issue in-house and work with the Developers to root out the cause and find a fix.  Otherwise, there probably isn't much they can do.

5 minutes ago, exile360 said:

They won't be useless.  The logs show much more than just browser history etc. which would be impacted by Shadow Mode and sandboxing.  It will show installed software, registry settings, information about your Malwarebytes installation, running programs, startup items, services, drivers and other info which could all be potential clues to why this might be happening.  Without any diagnostic info, there's not much anyone can do to determine what might be causing the issue as we'd all just be speculating and guessing.  However, if we get the right info and figure out what might be unique to the environments of those affected by the issue (hence the request for logs etc.), Malwarebytes own QA and Support folks might be able to replicate the issue in-house and work with the Developers to root out the cause and find a fix.  Otherwise, there probably isn't much they can do.

Understood, give me a few hours and I will post the logs, right now I am at work

Thanks

Came

Edited by candylovergirl
typo