malwerebytes shuts down before cleaning of malwere

• Staff

Looks like you didn't run ComboFix correctly.

Let's try again. Make the same CFScript.txt file and save it to your Desktop.

Next, navigate to Start --> Run, and enter this command:

"%userprofile%\desktop\combofix.exe" "%userprofile%\desktop\CFScript.txt"

Post its log when it finishes.

-screen317

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you didn't run ComboFix correctly.

Let's try again. Make the same CFScript.txt file and save it to your Desktop.

Next, navigate to Start --> Run, and enter this command:

"%userprofile%\desktop\combofix.exe" "%userprofile%\desktop\CFScript.txt"

Post its log when it finishes.

-screen317

Hope this works this time, I followed your instructions !

combofix_log.txt

• Staff

Okay that's gone. :lol:

Navigate to Start --> Run, and type Combofix /u in the box that appears. Click OK afterwards. Notice the space between the X and the /u

This uninstalls all of ComboFix's components.

Download my Security Check from here or here.

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

-screen317

Okay that's gone. :lol:

Navigate to Start --> Run, and type Combofix /u in the box that appears. Click OK afterwards. Notice the space between the X and the /u

This uninstalls all of ComboFix's components.

Download my Security Check from here or here.

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

-screen317 i still get this error message everytime i click ok to delete combofix (Windows Cannot find 'combofix', Make sure you typed the name corectly, then try again.) the last ime i tryed to delete this ,this is what it said

• Staff

Hi,

Things are looking good. :)

Delete SecurityCheck.

If there are no more issues, please take the following steps to help prevent reinfection:

1) Download and install Javacool's SpywareBlaster, which will prevent malware from being installed on your computer. A tutorial on it can be found here.

2) Download and install IE-Spyad, which will place over 5000 'bad' sites on your Internet Explorer Restricted List. A tutorial on it can be found here.

3) Go to Windows Update frequently to get all of the latest updates (security or otherwise) for Windows.

4) Make sure your programs are up to date! Older versions may contain security risks. To find out what programs need to be updated, please run Secunia's Software Inspector.

5) WOT, Web of Trust, warns you about risky websites that try to scam visitors, deliver malware or send spam. Protect your computer against online threats by using WOT as your front-line layer of protection when browsing or searching in unfamiliar territory. WOT's color-coded icons show you ratings for 21 million websites, helping you avoid the dangerous sites:

• Green to go
  • Yellow for caution
  • Red to stop

WOT has an addon available for both Firefox and IE.

6) Be sure to update your Antivirus and Antispyware programs often!

Finally, please also take the time to read Tony Klein's excellent article on: So How Did I Get Infected in the First Place?

Safe surfing,

-screen317

Hi,

Things are looking good. :)

Delete SecurityCheck.

If there are no more issues, please take the following steps to help prevent reinfection:

1) Download and install Javacool's SpywareBlaster, which will prevent malware from being installed on your computer. A tutorial on it can be found here.

2) Download and install IE-Spyad, which will place over 5000 'bad' sites on your Internet Explorer Restricted List. A tutorial on it can be found here.

3) Go to Windows Update frequently to get all of the latest updates (security or otherwise) for Windows.

4) Make sure your programs are up to date! Older versions may contain security risks. To find out what programs need to be updated, please run Secunia's Software Inspector.

5) WOT, Web of Trust, warns you about risky websites that try to scam visitors, deliver malware or send spam. Protect your computer against online threats by using WOT as your front-line layer of protection when browsing or searching in unfamiliar territory. WOT's color-coded icons show you ratings for 21 million websites, helping you avoid the dangerous sites:

• Green to go
  • Yellow for caution
  • Red to stop

WOT has an addon available for both Firefox and IE.

6) Be sure to update your Antivirus and Antispyware programs often!

Finally, please also take the time to read Tony Klein's excellent article on: So How Did I Get Infected in the First Place?

Safe surfing,

-screen317

thanks for all your help ! have a nice week.