Official mirror for older version

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven't done so already, please run these two tools and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  • MB-Check
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Greetings,

Unfortunately Malwarebytes doesn't have any official mirrors for older versions of the software, however you can always find them on sites such as FileHippo.

Also, just out of curiosity, what particular issues are you having with the latest version (3.4.4)?  I ask because the Product team is always looking for any bugs in the software and issues that they might address/fix in future releases.

I've had very bad experiences with FileHippo.  They often have inserted a lot of adware.

Do you know for sure if their 3.3.1 version is the same as yours?

As is being posted, I had to uninstall 3.4.4 due to my Thinkpad freezing with that version.

Yep, it's the same (I just downloaded and extracted the installer to verify via InnoUnp in UniExtract).  I've never known FileHippo to modify Malwarebytes' installers.  In fact, anyone who has been authorized by Malwarebytes to host their software is explicitly prohibited from modifying their installers to bundle any other applications, toolbars or any other form of bundleware/adware etc. and while I don't know if FileHippo is an official hosting provider, I do know that if they were to modify and host the installer in such a way, they would be contacted by Malwarebytes to have them either pull the software from their site, or host it in its original, unaltered form because that's exactly what happened with one high traffic download site that was using a "download manager" to try to install toolbars and other PUPs on unsuspecting users' systems some years ago, including for the download for Malwarebytes and they were forced by Malwarebytes to stop.

Quite unfortunate. I guess the most glaring problem are occasional freezes on reboot - I open chrome, it doesn't load any page and gets unresponsive a few seconds later the whole system is stuck and I basically can only reset and that's just too annoying to deal with. Also there is I don't know how to describe it but some form of global system slowdown. It's not really obvious but everything behaves slightly sluggish - suddenly very slight delays pressing buttons and ui elements and everything just feels as if I wasn't using an 8700k but a really shitty laptop. Strangely it's only happening working on the desktop there wasn't any measurable impact in games or benches as far as I could tell but still that's just not working for me. It only started after the update and was gone once I uninstalled mbam it was fine again. I tried a clean install but it didn't change anything. 

Edited by coldone

Yes, I've documented several cases similar to yours with the most recent Malwarebytes release and am tracking and documenting the issue as best I can to submit a report to the Product team so that they might investigate the issue and hopefully find a solution to have it fixed in the next release.  I suspect it is being caused by the anti-ransomware component but I don't know that for certain; it's just the most likely suspect given past issues and experiences at this point.

1 hour ago, Firefox said:

Not sure what you mean about regular security updates....

That being said, it gets definition updates just like all versions of Malwarebytes to keep your computer safe. 

Yes, that's what I meant.  Thanks.

Please also be aware that just because it still receives database updates, that does NOT mean that it is capable of detecting/preventing/removing all of the same threats.  Each new release of Malwarebytes typically includes new database syntax/detection capabilities and enhancements to the various protection/detection/remediation components in Malwarebytes so that a newer version may be capable of detecting/preventing/removing many threats that a previous version cannot, even when both are using the exact same databases/signatures/definitions.

I understand why you are not upgrading to version 3.4.4, however I don't want you to have a false sense of security either which is why I am providing this information.  Hopefully the upcoming release due late this month, will correct these issues so that you and the other users affected may upgrade without issues.

If you're having these issues, the following logs would be extremely helpful in understanding what's going on

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool from this link and save it to your desktop.
  2. Double click mb-support-0.0.9.351.exe and accept the UAC prompt if it comes up.
  3. If the EULA appears, click the checkbox to accept it and then click next.
  4. Click on Advanced Settings on the main page and then click Gather Logs.
  5. This will take a few minutes to run, but will produce a file named mbst-grab-results.zip on your desktop.
  6. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Please try the following and let us know if it corrects your issues. If not, as stated we'll need some logs

Malwarebytes 3.4.5 - patch release
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/225664-malwarebytes-345-patch-release/

Direct download link. Install over the top of your current installation
https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

Thank you

Ron