Website Blocked 255.255.255.255

barber50701

Just now, KDawg said:

Please update your database this was a brief FP resolved in the latest database

Let us know if issues persist once updated

How would I update the database if I'm on Cloud? I already pushed a task for all endpoints to check for updates at 10:19CST and they're still throwing errors. 

Just now, KDawg said:

It is you can also push an update command form the Endpoints tab of your cloud console Check the box next to all endpoints and select Actions > "Check for Protection Updates"

I've done that three times since 10am and my colleague did it twice in the 9am hour

Just now, KDawg said:

@alicias Are you still seeing the detection's the last thing I can see in your logs is getting our latest DB update. Do the issues persist on that endpoint, have we seen additional detection's?

That user is no longer having an error, and it seems the ScanSnap detections are gone. 

Still getting svchost errors on a couple that don't have Dropbox and Dropbox on one. We're having that user uninstall the desktop client, though. 

Hi guys,

We are seeing six machines with the dropbox blocked message on 255.255.255.255.

For now we will uninstall Dropbox as it is annoying the end users but what can be done for them to resolve this?

We are using the Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection cloud system. I have pushed an updated ("check for protection updates") and run a scan+quarantine, nothing has changed.

Edited by AlexLeadingEdge

• 2 weeks later...

We're also seeing this here still.  I added the exclusion back in November.  After reading that this had reportedly been resolved I removed the exclusion this morning.  Systems immediately started reporting the website blockage.  Running Cloud based protection.  Installed the client on a new system to be sure versions are up to date, same issue.  For now I placed the exclusion back.

image.png.9d73404c22b04aa61188364e59ff36e5.png

I removed the exclusion for five minutes this morning (just now) and several units are throwing detections. I made sure to update them to the latest database, as well. 

Canon IJ Network Utility, Dropbox, ScanSnap and svchost.exe (still) seem to be the culprits. Though, I hadn't seen Canon throwing the detect alert before. 

@AlexSmith tagging because I know you were looking into this :P

image.thumb.png.a7088acbf21cadb04f0b30e482d57cc8.png

Edited by alicias