Running the console in Azure - can't see managed clients

I am an MSP and use Continuum for my RMM.  They dropped support for the Business Edition at the end of January 2018.

I have spun up an Azure VM (using the "free" $200 Microsoft account) to see if I can manage my clients using a product both I and my clients are familar with.

So I signed up for the trial version of the Business Edition, uploaded it to the Windows Server 2016 DataCenter and installed the Management Console, developed a policy, and created the installation exe.

I installed that on a client machine and it is functioning - at least as far as I can tell (the icon appears in the System Tray).

However, the client does not appear in the Management Console under the group I created.

What's the trick to getting this product to work with Azure?

Thanks!

Clients must be able to connect to this url: https://my.console.com:18457/SCClientService/   If you have changed the default port, then use it instead.
You can test your client connectivity using a browser, upon a succesful connect, you will see some XML.  Look in local log c:\ProgramData\SCCOMM\ for symptoms of non-connection.
Consider alternatively, the Malwarebytes' cloud solution.

• 2 weeks later...

Roaming and remote clients are not supported by MBMC, yes there are a few tricks you can try with where the client points, like Andrew showed, and I've seen some customers pull it off using VPN, Microsoft Direct Access or DMZ's, but at the end of the day, it is not supported. You are also placing your network at risk since the MBMC console hosts an IIS 7.5 website, 7.5 is not secure enough to be externally accessible and/or public facing anymore. If you need the program to be set up this way, you must understand you do this at your own risk and it is dependent upon your own skills as an admin to make it happen.

Alternatively, also as Andrew pointed out, we have a Cloud product that was meant to support roaming and remote clients.