I'm sure you get this all the time, but mbam will install, but not start

I am new here...not to computers but to this forum I am. I am in need of some help I was poking around on other posts and saw some solutions the staff here has helped with.

In the last post of the thread they said to go to run and type mbam.exe /developer or if that didn't work rename mbam to something and then .exe /developer

I have renamed mbam.exe and now that I have gone to run and did the /developer there was a window that came up that says "Please go to the Control Panel to install and configure system components" and then you can click ok

Any further help from here would be awesome, I'm having trouble opening certain programs there's a whole list, but anything that could possibly help the computer is being blocked.

I know there are traces of WinPC Antivirus i believe it was called, and with the last computer like this I took the cowards way out and did a recovery only because it was my boss's computer and they needed it back.

Anyway, Any help anyone can provide would be excellent... Thank you!

~Eli

Hello Eli,

If this is a company pc, stop and refer this to your company IT support. They need to deal with this. Especially since this is likely to be in a network-type environment.

If and only if it is a personal/home pc, then

This system has a rogue (fake) program named WinPC Antivirus. It needs to be removed. We also need some sort of log from you in order to proceed forward.

Do try the following to help me to help you

It is quite likely WinPC Antivirus is blocking MBAM from running.

Try this and if it does not work, move on to next step. Start Task Manager by pressing and holding CTRL key, then ALT key, then press Delete key. Give Task Manager a bit to start. Then in the tab for Processes look for and click once on line for winav.exe

Once found and highlighted, press the End Process button and confirm with yes/ok to terminate it.

If no joy, I still need the following report.

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from http://www.techsupportforum.com/sectools/sUBs/dds here

or http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/dds.scr

or http://www.forospyware.com/sUBs/dds

Disable any script blocker if your antivirus/antimalware has it.

Then double click dds.scr to run the tool.

When done, DDS.txt will open.

Click Yes at the next prompt for Optional Scan.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt

[*]Save both reports to your desktop.

Please include the following logs in your next reply:

DDS.txt

Attach.txt

This program (DDS) will not remove anything, but will help a great deal in seeing some important areas of your system.

Next, Go >> here <<

and download RootRepeal and SAVE to your Desktop.

Doubleclick RootRepeal.exe icon on your Desktop.

Click on the Report tab at bottom of window and then click on Scan button.

A Windows will open asking what to include in the scan. Check all of the below and then click Ok.

Drivers

Files

Processes

SSDT

Hidden Services

Stealth Objects

You will then be asked which drive to scan.

Check C: (or the drive your operating system is installed on if not C) and click Ok again.

The scan will start.

It will take a little while so please be patient. When the scan has finished, click on Save Report.

Name the log RootRepeal.txt and save it to your Documents folder (it should default there).

When you have done this, please copy and paste it in this thread.

=

Reply with copy of the DDS.txt

Attach.txt

and RootRepeal.txt