Real Time Protection will not stay on

Attached *.zip as requested by the bot - see quoted the bot. This is somewhere at or about the 10th time over the past several years that I have been stuck with a ‘Real-Time Protection’ error that I have previously fixed via a clean install as noted in other forum posts. That is, until Malwarebytes inevitably and abruptly fails again.

The error is always that same and identical to the first post in this forum.

I am starting to feel like Malwarebytes may not know what they are doing - I am seriously losing confidence in Malware technical competence.

Additionally - my Real-Time protection time-loop that has occurred several times; wherein, I have read previous forums and then executed the instructions for a clean install . . . . By which, every time, I always end up to the same general error - and yes, I know how google and similar search engines work. So, I really do not need the recommendation to perform a web search as I want a real and direct answer not a run of the mill and often ill-informed general rebuttal, which is not an answer. Basically, I hate forums and have found that asking for any reasonable answer via the internet to be as helpful as asking the local crackhead to help to repair my car. Useless . . .

I expect from this post [AKA] shot in the dark, a stupid bot response or a response by some forum-monkey who thinks they are being useful by stating something obvious . . . .

Malwarebytes, I am tired of your games!

On 1/24/2018 at 11:07 PM, Malwarebytes said:

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Reveal hidden contents

If you haven't done so already, please run these two tools and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  • MB-Check
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Reveal hidden contents

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

mb-check-results.zip

Hello @realtimeprotectiontimeloop

From your logs it looks like your Component version is still 1.0.0 which means the clean up and reinstall did not happen correctly.

Can you please try this:

1. Download the installer from https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3

2. Run the installer on top of your existing product. No need to uninstall anything.

After that let us know if you still see the issue.

Thank you.

@nikhils

It appears to have, but it worked for a week on my last attempt - I'll let you know when the 'Real-Time Protection' time-loop begins again.

12 hours ago, nikhils said:

12 hours ago, nikhils said:

Hello @realtimeprotectiontimeloop

From your logs it looks like your Component version is still 1.0.0 which means the clean up and reinstall did not happen correctly.

Can you please try this:

1. Download the installer from https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3

2. Run the installer on top of your existing product. No need to uninstall anything.

After that let us know if you still see the issue.

Thank you.