Error code 2

Hi all,

New user - just bought the registered version, and I am running it on Windows Server 2008 R2 which I use as my development workstation.

I have run manual scans and they work fine. I set up the scheduled runs and started the Protection Module. Periodically, I get a dialog box up which says [Open Event] Failed to perform desired action. Error Code: 2.

I tried searching on this in the forum, but there is something about searching for Error code 2 that the search engine does not like, it returns an error!

Not an auspicious start - what is wrong and how do I fix it?

Thanks!

Hi all,

New user - just bought the registered version, and I am running it on Windows Server 2008 R2 which I use as my development workstation.

I have run manual scans and they work fine. I set up the scheduled runs and started the Protection Module. Periodically, I get a dialog box up which says [Open Event] Failed to perform desired action. Error Code: 2.

I tried searching on this in the forum, but there is something about searching for Error code 2 that the search engine does not like, it returns an error!

Not an auspicious start - what is wrong and how do I fix it?

Thanks!

I just found one topic with the same problem from last October -- it says Protection mode does not work in x64. Is that still the case? That is what I have and that's why I bought it.

Why was this not posted somewhere obvious, including in the install? I hope this is not the case...

Greetings and welcome :lol: .

The Protection Module does now function properly in x64. For a possible solution, please take a look at the FAQ, particularly #1, #2 and #3. If you have a different antivirus, then you should still make sure to have the files listed excluded and trusted in your antivirus's settings as well as your firewall unless you're using the Windows Firewall.

Greetings and welcome :lol: .

The Protection Module does now function properly in x64. For a possible solution, please take a look at the FAQ, particularly #1, #2 and #3. If you have a different antivirus, then you should still make sure to have the files listed excluded and trusted in your antivirus's settings as well as your firewall unless you're using the Windows Firewall.

Thanks - it looks like it might have been Windows Defender, it seems to have been running all day without the error showing up. Protection is still running. Thanks!