mbam killed chrome

veryparanoid

got a newer version want to update message

did that

now chrome wont work 

i ripped out mbam using various tools and now everything works better than before

but i do miss the protection it offered for xpprosp3 

how can i get the last version that worked on xp without killing chrome and reinstall it?

Edited by veryparanoid

got a message asking to install update

did that

then chrome stopped working on xpprosp3

could not uninstall

had to rip out mbam with other tools

now everything works better than it used to 

but i miss the protection mbam did offer

how do i get the OLD STABLE VERSION that works with xpprosp3 and last chrome for xpprosp3

all i can find is the latest version which is NFG for xpprosp3 and chrome 

Edited by veryparanoid

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven't done so already, please run these two tools and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  • MB-Check
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

As far as I know all versions still work with WinXP... there was a windows update that did cause some issues with Malwarebytes though...

Do you have update KB4074852 installed on your computer?

You can get older versions of MB3 from HERE

You can get Malwarebytes version 2 from here: https://data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/web/mbam-setup-2.2.1.1043.exe

looking at the dates now

i believe i had a v3  that was earlier subrelease

i got the latest one a few weeks ago and it does NOT work with xpprosp3 as it kills chrome 

totally blocks chrome when i try to use it directly or indirectly 

my xpprosp3 has all the updates as of when ms stopped updating it

not sure about update numbers or how to tell if that is on the computer or not 

however google says that was feb 18 for embedded so i doubt that i have that update as i have autoupdates turned off so i can control them

this is a bug in mbam as it blocks new tabs or start pages for chrome from getting initiated and displaying

they are there in the sense that when i killed mbam dead 42 chrome pages showed up instantly 

mbam is somehow blocking chrome from starting 

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  3. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  4. Press the "Scan" button
  5. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  6. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  7. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  8. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK"
  9. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
    • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
    • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

I'm sorry but if you're not willing to post logs as requested here on the forum then we will not be able to assist you. We are not magicians and cannot remotely tell what is going on with your computer without some type of logs.

If you're concerned and do not wish to post such logs you can contact our help desk and create a ticket and they will assist you via email.

Please click on the following link to submit a ticket to the help desk. Contact Consumer Support

https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer

Thank you