Error message says "Download Failed. Check Internet connection and try again."

My Internet connection is okay however.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 2.27.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 2.28.01 PM.png

Disregard..

Untitled 2.png

Edited by daman1

I assume it worked fine on a subsequent try? If so, it was probably just a momentary glitch in the internet connection.

Edit: I see it wasn't DavidS replying to say to disregard. DavidS, are you still seeing the same issue if you try checking for updates again now?

Edited by treed

It's not likely that it's a problem that would be solved by uninstalling.

First, if you're using any kind of outgoing firewall software, such as Little Snitch or some other antivirus software with such functionality, make sure that Malwarebytes is allowed to connect to the internet. In particular, see page 2 in the user guide:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/pdf/guides/Malwarebytes-For-Mac-User-Guide.pdf

In the External Access Requirements section under System Requirements, there is a list of servers that Malwarebytes needs to be able to communicate with. Ensure that none of the following Malwarebytes processes are prevented from accessing those servers:

Malwarebytes Agent
FrontendAgent
RTProtectionDaemon
SettingsDaemon

If that isn't the solution for you, try restarting the computer and see if that solves the problem.

THANKS for the reply.

In order to grant access for:

Malwarebytes Agent
FrontendAgent
RTProtectionDaemon
SettingsDaemon

How do I do this ? Change some Verizon router settings? Which router settings do I change?

In the manual, I see the part you're referring to:

External Access Requirements If you utilize a firewall or other access-limiting device, you must grant access for Malwarebytes to reach Malwarebytes services. These are:

...//data.service.malwarebytes.org Port 443 outbound

...//data-cdn.mbamupdates.com Port 443 outbound

...//*.mwbsys.com Port 443 outbound

Again... how do I do this ? Which router settings do I change?

Not router settings, those are firewall settings on your Mac. Are you using a 3rd party firewall or anti-virus software, such as Little Snitch?

On 3/24/2018 at 3:52 PM, DavidS said:

How do I do this ? Change some Verizon router settings? Which router settings do I change?

These probably wouldn't be settings in your router, but it's hard to say exactly where they might be. Something like Little Snitch or Lulu will block connections on a per-app basis, depending on how you have them set. Other antivirus software may do similar things, and we've seen reports of some such products blocking our updates when configured improperly.

I can't give you explicit directions as to how to correct that because there's a wide variety of possible software that can cause the problem.

Another more concerning possibility is that the file is getting corrupted somehow, either in transit over the network (which is unlikely) or on your hard drive. In the latter case, that could mean that your hard drive is corrupt or even failing, and that can cause loss of data if you don't have backups. If you think that might be a possibility, contact Apple support for help, but make sure to back up your data thoroughly first.

https://support.apple.com

One workaround, if this is a blockage from some misconfigured piece of software, would be to download the latest installer from our website and install that. It will replace the version you currently have.

https://malwarebytes.com/mac-download