Recent post Re: .HTA redirected problems

I had problems with popups or actually redirected web sites. I posted the problem asking for help.

The help did not solve the problems and I would continually get the popup ending in .HTA.

I ran the advanced set up offered by the staff without success.

I also ran the Micosoft program to find the malicious file, however it to did not find any hidden files.

After giving the popup some thought, I have discovered it only happens when I am on the Yahoo news site.

I have to give credit to Malwarebytes for capturing the .HTA file and preventing it from locking my computer up and allowing me to delete the popup.

So, I'm going to stay clear of Yahoo news until I prove my theory.

Edited by Kimberlover

• Root Admin

Hello @Kimberlover

You did not reply to this topic
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/223044-microsoftupdatehta-popup-screen/

In this topic you did not run the requested logs either and said that you thought you were okay
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/221269-remove-flashplayerhta/

If you really want to get this fixed then I highly suggest you please allow us to assist you and follow all provided requests for scans and logs.

Thank you

Ron

@ Advancedsetup IE: Staff,

I did run all of the requested logs! None of them discovered a hidden problem and I did not respond back with that info.

I reran Microsoft's Malicious software removal tool Yesterday and it found one embedded problem. It removed it.

I have two web home screens, Google and Yahoo. I removed Yahoo and I have had no more HTA popups since removal.

Sorry if I failed to follow up on reporting the findings of your recommended tools.

Edited by Kimberlover