JMac68

Website Blocked - ...siteintercept.qualtrics.com

Beginning today, when I go to websites such as Home Depot or Universal Studios Orlando I receive a website blocked notification from Malwarebytes.  The blocked site includes "...siteintercept.qualtircs.com"  as in attached screenshot.  Malwarebytes scan comes back clean, so I'm not sure if this is some kind of infection or not.    I've attached the Malwarebytes scan log as well as the FRST and ADDITION files.

Capture.thumb.JPG.422bd10ed81f9f411862652585d4f337.JPG

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Malwarebytes Scan Summary_02_25_2018.txt

Count me in as well; this seems to be a global issue. I don't remember which websites it happens on specifically, but I've seen it at least five times.

Me too. I'm getting the "...siteintercept" site blocked when I went to my Fidelity account. That's disturbing. I did a whois and the target IP is Akamai in Cambridge Mass. who looks legit. This could be just a bad certificate. The Malwarebytes scans and Adware don' t bring anything up/ I also have McAfee.

It looks like qualtrics.com is one of those things that puts up 'please give us feedback' boxes on various Web sites.  Not sure how it is getting trapped as malware.  Something in their scripts, maybe?

I'm having the same problem, and it's happening while I'm logged in to this site. I'm betting it's a new malware that slipped under the fence. It started a little earlier when I checked a NOAA 7 day weather site.

Zoe

I'm having the same issue, just viewing tile pictures on HomeDepot.com I get a nearly constant warning on the same site....  to the point where the site is almost unusable, and I'm getting a similar message on my news sites like Daily Caller and The Daily Wire,  just not as often, and naming Volumetracker instead.  This could be a good thing that Malwarebytes is doing for us, but it's definitely being flagged much, much, much more recently.

I have checked/cleaned my system with latest versions of Junkware Removal Tool (JRT), Adware Removal Tool, and then the most current freeware version of CC Cleaner and still getting the same results.

If these are legitimate, I appreciate Malwarebytes flagging them.  If not, then I think we need a "fix".

I use primarily Firefox browser, but have had to turn on 3rd party cookies in order to get most of my websites to operate properly. 

Any insight or new information would be much appreciated on my end.  Thanks.

Edited by sherrb1158
clarify name of blocked site of volumetraker for news sites.

15 minutes ago, zoespbf said:

How many people did a scan today--I'm wondering if the problem is connected with having run a scan.

Zoe

I run a Malwarebytes auto-update/scheduled scan everyday, and have for over eight years on multiple laptops.  Yes, it is likely related to an update, but a scan is after the fact ... but I'm on Premium 'real time", so maybe that applies or does not to you.

Sherrb, I have Premium also and have real time turned on, but only do a full scan every week. My scan ran this morning around 9; I didn't have a problem until a little while ago

I sent this email to NOAA, started getting more MWB notices so I looked deeper

I access the NOAA 7 Day weather site for Providence 02906 daily. Today, all of a sudden, my Malware Software went crazy with your site, apparently with outgoing communications FROM my computer. Be aware and do please stop !! I have attached a snippet of the notice I received.

Capture.JPG.2c0cad1f6f7346cf1dba22b81fca1846.JPG

Edited by zoespbf

10 minutes ago, zoespbf said:

Sherrb, I have Premium also and have real time turned on, but only do a full scan every week. My scan ran this morning around 9; I didn't have a problem until a little while ago

So, I'm only seeing a correlation in time .... (except that I started getting the "Volumetracker" messages en mass on my Daily Caller and The Daily WIre in the past 2-3 days?)  Maybe they are unrelated, but the HomeDepot and, I also recall a short visit to Walmart.com doing similar this morning when doing a quick check for a new microwave prior to the crack of dawn.  So,  since you're ALSO on real-time Premium, that tells me someone added a signature file or similar at Malwarebytes this a.m.  I was up at 5:00 a.m., but in Texas and on Central time. 

It's good that we report all of this.  Malwarebytes has had some real screw-up recently, like the 2+ months ago that almost shut us all down, but they fixed it quickly and they were quick to respond and they were very TRANSPARENT about what happened, which matters to me, as a semi-retired I.T. person.  I don't like this, but I'm not dumb enough to bail to "PC Matic" nutballs when Malwareybes has saved my rear-end soooo many times over the past 12+ years.  But that doesn't mean we should be complacent and not hold them accountable ... especially us that have paid for the Premium and been with MWB for many years, as affordable as it may seem.  If it doesn't work and messes up our systems too many times, like totally rendering my my mid-to-high end Dell laptop nearly unusable two months ago, that's NOT cool. 

I don't worry so much about myself, because even though I'm much more of a large system IBM type DB person and NOT a "desktop" person, I can usually figure my way out of these messes, including the WORST, being MicroSoft upgrade s-k-r-e-w-u-p-s!!!!  What REALLY upsets me, is the number of people that don't know what to do, that panic, that call me .... or even worse ... those that don't know anyone at all to call.

Ya know what I mean,  Guy?  And we know, if you have a major malfunction with Malwarebytes, were down to the forum discussion, and that's pretty much all we have in support.

I know enough about computers and IT to both get myself into trouble and to get myself out of most jams. However, when it comes to malware and general security, I know I'm weak. I do the best I can, an'd know when I need to report a problem to the 'powers that be.

This issue, whatever it is (and I think for some reason MWB sees qualtrics suddenly as a BAD GUY) Qualtrics itself seems to be for real though. It really doesn't interfere with my use of the computer--I have work arounds (like using another weather site). Hopefully MWB will figure it out soon, because it is annoying.

Problem started for me today right after visiting a website (yLighting.com) that uses qualtrics to run a survey, which I did not complete.   I used Chrome for the yLighting visit, but I get the error message on Chrome and Firefox when I go to aa.com.

BTW, I became aware of the problem using Chrome. I checked to see if the NOAA site had a problem on FireFox--it does. It also has a problem on MS Edge

Ah, and the odd thing about that is that I have a friend that is constantly here, always using my PC skills, as they are, to get them by, and I recently convinced them to move to Firefox instead of Google Chrome, and they're telling me they aren't having the same issues on Chrome that they are on FIrefox ..... so now I'm confused about that part of the symptoms.

Qualtrics is phoning home using the browser where the page is being viewed that it was downloaded to as a cookie. In my case, N, OAA is using Qualtrics to 'test' its website. Any websites we might use that use Qualtrics will have the same problem I'm afraid unless we tell MWB to exclude it from website protection. I'll avoid that until MWB tells me to. Until then, Qualtrics will just be blind to my visit.

Which would be fine to me, because I switched to Firefox to avoid having my every more tracked, except that most sites won't work now if they can't track you.  It's just a mess.  If you don't use a bunch of fake accounts with VPN these days you can't do scheit without having ads spewed in your face for male enhancement products.  I'm about ready to go offgrid.

Qualtrics is housing a phishing page currently, but we have slightly modified the block. The db will be available in a couple of minutes. :)

And for me also !  My 'beloved' NOAA site came up without incident !  Yay !!

Thank you Dashke.

Interesting that a legitimate site can be housing an illegitimate 'side business'. It's the wild west out there !