Sign in to follow this  
Nosferatu_UK

MWAC.sys BSOD with Beta 2

On 16/02/2018 at 5:33 PM, dcollins said:

On another note, we believe we have found the cause of the blue screen and hope to have a new version to test soon. Thanks for your help!

I'm also a premium member of MWB and since this afternoon when my PC updated to the latest security updates from microcrap (February 13, 2018—KB4074588 (OS Build 16299.248))

I'm now getting BSOD every 5 - 25 minutes of the system being on. I have since stopped auto start with windows and it's fixed the problem but now MB isn't running at all. 

Any fix would be great atm as my PC is now vulnerable.

Thank you.

IMG_20180218_183852.jpg

Nosferatu_UK: For what it's worth, that's the exact BSOD I see. I've uploaded a bunch of files (incl. dmpfile) for their support folks to analyze; they're obviously motivated to get to the root of this problem and have been very responsive to this point.

As a middle ground between "don't start MBAM at boot" and "live with frequent crashes" I've found that disabling Web Protection seems to work well. So far.  ;)

@BrianInWA Cheers, solved it for me too so at least MB is running now but just not with web protection.

@dcollins I have emailed you the .zip with the added extras of memory dump file and the two files from FRST all in one package. Let me know if you get them.

Can you please try the following:

1. Open Malwarebytes
  2. Navigate to Settings -> Application
  3. Under the Windows Action Center section, please choose the option Always register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center
  4. Navigate to Settings -> Protection
  5. Turn on Web Protection
  6. Reboot
  7. Use your computer as normal

We believe this issue is due to a compatibility issue with Windows Defender and want to try and confirm that. This setting will help us do that.